4 weeks an concerned

• I have done this religiously for 4 weeks. 2 minor cheat days in this 4 weeks. Having consistent good workouts and truly hitting 10's often. I am seeing no change in my physique! Anybody else going through this? When should I start seeing changes? I am 43 yrs old. 250 lbs and 6'1'' tall. My scale at home has been all over the charts registering as much as 3 to 4 lbs differences day to day! Becoming a bit discouraged!

• Are you a male or female?  I'm also in my fourth week, but I am seeing results physically (not dramatic, but they are there) and I am feeling results ... From what I've read and been told, females usually see the best results in the 8th week range, males normally by 4 weeks.

Can you give an example of what you are eating during the day and when?  Are you taking any supplements?

• I posted this last week on another thread:

I think it was in the Body for Life Champions book where I read that it takes the normal 6-8 weeks for men and 8-10 for women to really notice a difference.  There is always the exception to where you would see something sooner, and some would not see anything until the end.  The thing I tell my girlfriend, everytime she complains about her build and weight, is that this is a marathon not a sprint.  She quit smoking 4yrs ago yesterday and put on 20+ lbs the first yr she quit. She works out and eats the same way I do, but her body still is not use to not having nicatine and so she has not lost or gained any weight since.  Doc's tell her she is at her weight that her body wants her to be.  To me she looks healthy and great, but what do I know about women?...Not a Damn thing....lol  We just keep on keeping on...someday she will accept the way she looks...to me is BEAUTIFULL!!  Now I want my cookie....lol

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Rbarben,

First - you CAN do this.

Second - The program works.

I've followed BFL with varying levels of success for 8 years now.  My success varyied based on my adherence to the program.  If you post an average day or two of meals, we'll all be happy to give you an honest critique.

At 6'1" and 250, you should be seeing good weight loss results for the first few weeks.  I would suggest reading (or re-reading) the original book.  Eat simply for your first challenge and leave the recipes and added ingredients for the maintenance phase when you've gotten where you want to be.  Enjoy your free day, but the other 6 days, stick to simple foods in proper portions, lots of water, and hit your 10's.  You'll get there, don't give up!

Best of luck!

• I am Male, performing workouts religiously. Increasing weight every other workout and hitting good high points! Nutrition- I use 2 lean 15 shakes per day, 3 solid meals with authorized foods per day, cottage cheese and fruit as last snack of the day. My exercise starts at about 8:30 each morning and meals are spaced 2.5 to 3 hours apart. Minimal cheating on cheat day. Consume about 100 to 120 ounces of water per day!

• "use 2 lean 15 shakes per day "??? Not sure what this means, "3 solid meals with authorized foods per day"  A solid meal = maybe a 3 to 4 oz max of lean protein, portion of steam veg, and  a small plan russet potato. that is as solid as it should be.  do that cooked no or low fat, and small portions of veg, starch, protein, for the three meals, a snack being as small as 1 protein bar, or maybe 12 almonds, or a shake made with water and possible a cup of berries.  I know that you will see results doing that.  You will not be hungry and YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT FAST!

• PS ANOTHER TRICK, add a wedge of lime or lemon, about packet of nutra sweet or stevia to it and fool your system into thinking it is being replenished all day long