5K SUCCESS!!

• Well, I did it!! I ran and finished my first 5K this morning! Ran the WHOLE thing! This shocked me cause there were a bunch of hills and I have only been running on my treadmill at a normal incline! Was nervous at first, but found out there were other first-timers there...kept everyone's advice in the back of my mind (you ALL were cheering me on and waving the checkered flag for me too!) and went at it!

My legs were still stiff from my new LBWO on Wednesday so needless to say, my hamstrings weren't playing a happy tune the first 10 minutes or so...Once I got going, I was like, "I can so do this...I'm in shape...I've been running, now keep your butt runnin'!" My goal was to run the whole way and finish below 40 minutes...Well, I did BOTH! Finished with a 34:53 time AND I got 2nd place in my age category(40-49-I'm 42) and got a MEDAL!! I was shocked when they called out my name! (picture below) 

The experience was AWESOME! The last 100 yds I was pretty much sprinting (for me anyways!), smiling and saying to myself, I did it, never in a million years prior to BFL would I have ever done something like this! I felt like crying as I crossed the finish line! Just so many emotions...can't explain it!

So if anyone out there is contemplating doing a 5K, DO IT!! I'm thinking about doing another one next month for another Relay for Life event. Have a blessed day, EVERYONE!!!! BFL ROCKS! :0)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Sounds like a good goal!

I tried running the other day, and barely got a half mile.

So, now, I want to start running for my aerobic days for a while and build back up.

I used to do really well as a long distance runner - 20 years ago.

I lost it all!

But, I am going to get it back!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• Your my little hero. XO

• Debbie,  

What a wonderful post...and picture!!  What a fabulous accomplishment.  Gotta say,  I got a little teary eyed reading your post.  Very inspiring!

Have a wonderful day!

Julie

C2W1D7

• How inspiring!  That is one of my goals as well.  You should be very proud of yourself!

Julie F.

• WOOHOO, Debbie! I am so IMPRESSED!!! GREAT job!!

My daughter is a cross country runner and I have secretly contemplated taking up running 'someday'. How long is a 5k???

Starting Week 11 tomorrow!  

• Marcy-THANKS!!

Back in December when I started my 1st challenge, my warmup speed was 3.5 mph and only getting to 4.5 for my 10's. Now in C2W6 my 10's are 7.5 mph...baby steps, you CAN do this. I told myself in C1 that I would do one in C2 and opportunity was there so you could probably find one to do in your area for C2 as well!

5K = 3.1 miles (might be 3.2)

• Congrats Deb! Great job, and a medal too! I know you must be so proud of yourself and you should be! I'll never forget my first 5K, how nervous I was and then was I was done, the great sense of accomplishment. I see a half marathon in your future :)

• Woohoooo Amazing job DEB!!!!! What an accomplishment, I am soooo happy for you!!!

You have inspired me. I lost my sister in law to *** cancer, and I am now raising her twin boys. I am going to run a 5k in her honor in October... I was a little nervous about doing BFL and a 5K didn't know if it could be done together. You have given me the inspiration I need to get it done!!! I now jog outside for most of my cardio and I am slowly increasing my speed.

Congrats again, you're awesome!!!!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Aww, Tisha, glad I could inspire you! And you are a Champ for raising your nephews, your sister-in-law will be with you every step of the way when you do that 5K in October! It will be an amazing experience for you!

Yes, you can do the 5K and BFL...Go for it!! :)

• Tisha - wow - what a gift you are giving those children. Im with MO - grab that 5K by the horns in October. You will be more than ready.

• Fabulous job DebMo!!  I'm going to see if I can find a 5K somewhere.  It will do me good to have a goal....

Well done YOU!!

Px

• A medal at your first 5K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something to be incredibly proud of.  I'm sure that success in your last 100 yds was your best evidence that you've been hitting your 10s on cardio days. :)  Congrats on not just completing, but "kicking the butt" of your first 5K!

runninggrl :)

• Thanks Deb, and Legs!!!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Look at you!!  Congratulations my friend!!  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory