Week 5. So strong.... and then......

• One of the things i have done for motivation is taken my instagram account, deleted all my friends and replaced them with fitness related people and motivational stuff. One of the common topics is always setbacks as part if the process. Looking at people with great physiques, they all talk about their frustrations and setbacks, and how they accept them as part of the process. I believe in not reinventing the wheel. And looking at their results,  trust them that a setback serves a purpose. They  achieved success, who am i to argue.

• Some great advice here!  Is that time of the month coming?  You could just be bloated.  Or did you have a free day recently?  Drinking enough water?  Chips are never okay as a carb, and wont help solve the problem...but I think you know that.  Read the BFL women document...it will help!  Maybe not pressure yourself with the 6-wk pics.  Skip it if it's causing you to have anxiety!  No where is it mandatory.  If you think it will derail you, don't do it!  The biggest changes are up ahead.  I was increasing in measurements here and there the first several weeks.  I could have easily thrown in the towel.  But then I wouldn't be where I am today (closing week 7).  Could the potato chip as your free day for the week, and drive on!  You've come this far, why stop now!  This is building your body for LIFE!  Do you want to continue to go towards that healthy goal, or stay where you're at?  Your mind is holding you back.  Defeat it!  Did you read the book?  Did you do the written exercises in the crossing abyss section to do with the mental side?  If you haven't, this in your homework for tomorrow!  It's a must!  I believe that's why those who succeed, do.  Also, do you have netflix?  Try watching "The Secret" and see if that helps ignite some inspiration as well.  

Some tidbits that I have in the front of my BFL journal:

~You are worth it!

~There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps

~Don't settle for a spark, light a fire

~Think about why you started

~I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than yesterday

~Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort

~You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way

~The body achieves what the mind believes

^^^That one you are currently telling yourself--telling yourself that your body refuses to change.  By doing that, you are causing it not to.  You have to tell yourself you are changing, set the motion AND believe it!

Good luck to you!

• ^^^^^ a brilliant post x

''You've gotta go there to come back''

• eriksch could I have some of the instagram users you are following pls? I have just set up an acct and think this could really help

• Thank you guys!  I love the support i get on here!  I did just make that day a free day, but I am starting to find myself getting really tired and not very motivated.....  Pictures- though dissapointing I think... would help pull me back in the right mindset. i am getting ready to go swimsuit shopping for our vacation in 1 WEEK and am nervous about it.  <<biting nails>>  but I have to hold myself accountable.  

As it was said:  keep eating clean and doing workout, and the rest will take care of itself.  

• Take the pictures if you think that will help you.  I don't think you'll find yourself going backwards.  The problem with midway pictures is your never as far as what you want to be.  You can't let that disappoint you.  Even if you don't get the swimsuit you were hoping for, you can't let it derail you.  It took you a long time to develop the body you're trying to get rid of, and unfortunately, it doesn't disappear as quick as you want it to.  For most people, it takes more than one 12 week challenge.  I'm on my 2nd challenge, and I see at least one more challenge in front of me before I obtain the ultimate goals I want.  And I'm okay with that.  I didn't build up to 237 pounds in a few weeks, so I can't expect to get rid of it in a few weeks.  I allow my kids to eat whatever they want, and as a teacher, I'm the one who usually cooks whatever they want during the summer months.  The other day, I found myself cooking pancakes and bacon for one kid and biscuits and gravy for another kid.  Two things I absolutely love!  However, I used my inner strength to just cook it and serve it, while I stayed on my diet plan.  Not easy.  I sit there and tell myself that I can't have just that little sliver of bacon that I want, and I enjoy my breakfast while I'm making their breakfast.  Ultimately, it comes down to internal strength.  We're all here to support you in whatever way we can, but with you being the one who lives your life and makes the choices for you, it's ultimately up to you what you want to do with your diet.  We want you to succeed.  We want to see the results you want to see.  You wouldn't want to let us all down now, would you?? :)  And you definitely don't want to let yourself down!  Stay strong!

-Mike

• Here ya go. The ones I follow on Instagram are the following: ig_fitness_freaks, amerthehammer, top_physiques, fit_planet, forwarduprising, fitness_guru_,muscleandhealth, liftingpeanuts1,molivation, physiquetransformations, pureinspiration, shredded_academyteamsofit, thepureway

• thank you!