New Challenge

• Hello BodyFor life Family,

Its been about a year since I've posted anything here.  Which was when I finished my challenge as well as my first competition.  I must say that the body for life book along with this website has really motivated me and challenged me to truly change my lifestyle when it comes to fitness.  I'm active duty in the military and I've always had to maintain some form of fitness but my nutrition was never really that great and I was not consistent with my workouts.  Over the past year I've seen my body go from one extreme to the next.  After loosing 20lbs in 3 mos and being in the best shape of my life all it took was for me to loose focus and not keep my nutrition in tact and I looked up and all my hard work and efforts were gone just like that in a matter of about 4 to 5 months.  I was truly a learning lesson for me.  I was still hitting the gym daily but had one to many cheat days in the week and overall I failed to maintain a healthy diet.  I must say that I was amazed at how my body could change so quickly just by not mainting my nutrition everyday.  I'm glad it happen because my body taught me what I already knew.  Which was that no matter what I do in the gym without proper nutrtion I can never acheive my desired results or maintain them. 

I'm currently deployed now to Afghainstan and i've been here for about 3 months and I've maintained a pretty good nurtrion plan with what I have here.  I've been training over the last few months to put on a little more size and still stay lean.  I will be posting my before PIC on this coming Monday.  I will keep track of my journey and post pics every two weeks for the next 6mos that I'm here.  I'm trying to truly transform my body in a major way while here and compete about 5 mos after my return.  Well I will be post my before numbers on monday and I will appreciate the support from my Body for life Family.

Stay MOTIVATED everyone and remember keep making FORWARD PROGRESS.

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you for your service Simpdog.  I've learned the same lesson over the years following BFL.  The old saying that "you can't outwork a bad diet" is really true.  Stay safe over there and kick some BFL butt while you're at it!

• Hey HEy SImpdog,  Great to hear from you and ThANKS for your service to our country on this memorial day week, Stay safe over there and think and always be aware out on patrol. SOrry to hear about the back slide but that does happen, best thing is you realize it and are taking measures to correct that.  WaY TO GO guY,  WE ARE ALL ROUTING FOR YA!!!!  Keep moving forward and keep in touch with us when ya can.  Booo yeah!!!

• Hello Simpdog, I'm a wife of a retired soilder so hopefully we can connect that way.  I  just found out about B4L today so I've been on line reading as much as I can about it and I will start my first challenge on June 10th.  I'm truly excited about this, I love exercising and hitting the weights but I did order the books because I want to do it their way and see if I can transform my body to a heaither me.  I recently started running about 3 1/2 years ago and this weekend I will do my 11th half marathon in VA. It's a military run called "Run for the Dream" so I'm very excited about that.  I normally train 5 days aweek, hitting the gym at 5 AM and running and lifting but just lately I've taken swimming lessons because I wnat to do a tri next.

I'm 5'8 and I just lost 25lbs this year (not from the running but mainly because I watched what I was eating) and I'd like to get rid of about 10-15 more pounds but at the same time do a lot of toning.  I'm at 185lb now because I've put about 5lbs back on.

I'll get some pictures up here sometime in the week of June 3-7.

Good luck and hopefully we can keep communicating.

• Good work Simpdog, look forward to the pic.

• Hey RunnerGirl2 - do yourself a big favor and read the original BFL book by Bill Phillips.  They're cheap on Ebay or you can find them on Amazon.  Quick read and it will help you a lot on your challenge!

Good luck!

• Thanks DaveND.  Will do.

• Hey WPBill,  Thanks brother I appreciate the support and i will post as much as I can throughout this process.  STAY Motivated and keep making that forward Progress.  

Extreme Measures = Extreme Results  

• Hello RunnerGril2, Sounds like you will do just fine with your challenge.  I recommend the book B4L as well.  I read it about 3 yrs ago.  I think you will do great.  From the sounds of it you will not have a problem with you nutrition or your work outs.  Just keep pushing each work out challenging yourself each workout.  I will be posting my new before pics next week.  I"m looking forward to this transformation.  Looking forward to see your before pics and your progress as the weeks go by.  We will stay in contact.  Take care and stay motivated.

Extreme Measures = Extreme Results