Finally looked at my before pictures ...

• Rosemary~

I am so glad to hear that you SEE your transformation. It is not the visual that you have of those pictures that excites me, it is the fact that you are allowing yourself to appreciate and be proud of the progress that you have made. It is IMPERATIVE that you overcome the obstacles that you have in your head. Our positive mental outlook is what allows progress to happen. You will never let go of that unhealthy individual if you don't embrace the person that you are becoming. Think of every reward that you are achieving during this challenge...dismiss the negative thoughts. You can never go forward if you are always looking back!

Have a fabulously thankful day!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• I agree with Renee completely.  Just so you'll know, my posts to you have had "intention" if you will.  The intention is to help you realize that you are doing everything correctly.  Since you first joined the guestbook, without fail, week after week you've posted negative comments and implied negative results.  Having not missed workouts and eaten properly the entire time are both HUGE POSITIVE FACTORS in your challenge results.  YOU have changed behaviors.  Your results will come and evidently have.  Way to go!!  A negative mind is a huge drain on momentum.  "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right"~ as my signature says.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Renee, actually I never look back!  Meaning at my behind!  I am actually quite positive....looking at my before pictures would have made me feel negative.  However, I felt very thin and noticed a pair of pants yesterday looser in the waist so I took the plunge (which by the way, I said all along I was going to do my mid challenge pictures right around the time other GB people said they first saw their big progress - which is actually tomorrow) so I didn't procrastinate, I made a promise to wait until this point and I did. 

And I'm thankful for the reward.  Definitely have a long way to go, but I can see positive changes.  I expect a bunch more by week 12.  I was shocked at the "mega" progress in my waist, belly and back, but not doing cartwheels over my legs and butt.  However, seeing ANYTHING positive is what I expected at this point in the challenge and that is what I saw!

• Interesting that you point out that I've posted negative comments since I've always believed in this program and only asked why positive things weren't happening yet.  I never thought that was interpreted as being negative.  If after 9 weeks I've alway posted negative comments, then why would I keep with it?

I have asked about my results and didn't mean to imply that this program is no good and my results are negative.  I've posted "questions" about why my results weren't positive.  I had two roadblocks where I gained inches in my legs and arms.

I do believe I can do this.  I also believe that every body has different results at different times.  My posts are usually asking if what is happening to me is "normal".  I'm sorry if people thought they were negative.. I just wanted to compare progress.  

If NOT ONE person said it took them 8 weeks to see changes, THEN I would be negative.  I couldn't possible commit to something this intense and fatiguing and emotionally/physically draining if I didn't believe it would work.  I just needed support and here is where I get that.

• You are doing beautifully Rosemary, I also think that you will find changes continuing to happen over the next 4 weeks that will surprise you even more.  Hang in there and keep plowing forward.

• Rosemary - Great job so far make sure you keep going and dont stop. Everyones results will be different and come at different times. When I did my first challenge I lost alot of weight in the first week simply by avoiding sodas, I cut my habit of 6 Mountain Dews day, it had nothing to do with my BFL progress at that stage. Then I platteaued for 2 months, maybe lost a pound or 2 here or there but nothing substanital however my clothes were much more loose. After my 9th week it hit me hard and I started dropping weight like crazy. I had been tranfering my body weight from fat to muscle then all that muscle starting kicking butt in the calorie burning dept. In my experience the "magic" really started to happen in weeks 9 and 10 but weeks 1-8 laid the foundation by not skipping any workouts and working out really really hard. Maybe you are just putting a good amount of muscle which is why the scale seems to be pretty stagnent. Your clothes fitting looser is a great sign, a much better indicator than the scale in my mind.

Each person is diffent and results may be different the program does work just stay  with it. Let me know how things are going for you in last stages of your challenge.

• Thanks for the reply.  I don't plan on stopping. I was cravin pancakes all week, and I should mention, when I crave things its not like "oh I crave a cheeseburger", No, I crave a Burger King cheeseburger or specifically a wendy's square cheeseburger.  Soooo when I say I crave pancakes, I mean fluffy covered with syrup pancakes.  Well, that craving passed!  I plan on having one cheat meal on Sunday and NOT taking the whole day free.

The funny thing is, my clothing fluctuates.  Today again, my pants are a little snugger around the thighs but still loose in the belly.  But I know its working.  Week 9 is right around the corner which leaves 4 full weeks left, I'm super excited.

• I'm at about 8 weeks also and so far I've lost 2 lbs.  My clothes are a smidge looser.  When I called EAS they said most woman don't see drastic change until 8 weeks.  I'm gonna keep on keepin on!  Also, when i  called the EAS 800#, the counselor went over my diet, and turns out I was taking in to much fat. (even though it was good fat) That really helped.  

• Hanzelka,

Your post really helped me!  I have been on here searching like crazy to read something like that.  I also have 4 weeks to go and it has been slow going to see change.  When my muscle starts to kick butt in the calorie dept.  I let everyone know.

• Burnandfirm, here is my opinion, for what's its worth.  I started week 9 today.  I've lost about 2 pounds also (at one point it was 9, 3 ) but for the last week it was 2.0.  Everything seemed to be going slowly, but I read GB, asked questions compared stories and kept with it, knowing at some point either I would see a change, or I can honestly and proudly say, this program did not work and I followed it all the way through.  I have not cheated once, nor have I missed a workout.

So, today week 9, here is my exterior progress.  I've lost 2 pounds, my clothing is minimally looser.  My jeans, which are still somewhat snug are filled with muscular legs and firm buttocks.  I can see that my body has changed.  I know I am on the right track and these last four weeks are going to be amazing.  I don't jiggle as much and I can see lines of definition through the fat on my arms and legs.  It's not a HUGE difference, but then again, the 9 weeks have built a great foundation and It's finally about to pay off.  I have no doubt.

Please keep me posted on your last 4 weeks, we will be ending the same time.  do you see the types of changes I'm referring to?  The muscle definition even though the clothing is not dramatically looser?

• Rosemary you said " I have not cheated once, nor have I missed a workout." but in another post you completely acknowledge that you eat clean 25 days and binge 5 days.  Binging isn't considered free day eating.  I'm concerned that you are saying that BFL doesn't work but you are not offering full disclosure when you come to that conclusion.  Have you added up the average calorie consumption on your free days?

• Burn and firm - you betcha! Just keep on going. No matter what happens or what your expectations are you will be a healthier and stronger person just by finishing the challenge. I think I still have a negative image of myself and that affects me being to see the results that are occuring. I am also in week 9 and looked at myself in the mirror today and went ughhhh I still look fat. HOWEVER while getting dressed I put on my work shirt from my "small size" wardrobe that has been pushed to far side of my closet. It fit and wasnt to snug. I figured it would get tighter as I ate my meals and drank my water for the day, well its close to quiting time and my shirt is still pretty loose. 4 seperate people came up to me today and said they see a noticable difference and I look thinner. So even though the changes are there, and others notice it I need to see it for myself and cut myself some slack. It took me years to get fat I am not gonna be thin in just 2 months but I am alot closer than I was 2 months ago.

Another terrific tool to use in place of the scale is the before and after pictures. I have the before and afters from my first challenge taped inside my binder that I take to the gym to record my progess. It gets me pumped when I open that binder at the gym and see the pictures and have proof that I can do it, I can get healhty and thinner. You can also use your before picture and for an after picture paste your headshot on a body that want to look like.

Hope it helps.

• Michelle, I said I did that BEFORE I started body for life.  I've done that my whole life which is why I do not fluctuate all that bad with my weight.  Since I started body for life I have not cheated once and I also said that from the beginning. 

I COMPLETELY acknowledged how my eating patterns have been my whole life, NOT during this challenge.  I've also NEVER EVER EVER EVER said BFL does not work.  I've said it DOES work and I'm looking forward to when I can see noticeable changes.  I would NOT DO THIS program if I didn't think it would work.

Michelle, I value everything you say but you are taking my statements out of context and turning things around.  I never said this program didn't work, I never said it wouldn't work and I never said I cheated while on this program.

I do not count my calorie intake.  I was told NOT to tweak this program and clearly in the book a free day is just that - mine to take.  I do not "pig out" on Sunday and since I've asked my questions about the program and various opinions on where I should be in my challenge I decided on my own to cut back on my free day. I've heard and seen great transformations by people who have enjoyed their free day so I do not think I need to do anything BUT enjoy my free day.

• I totally misunderstood your other thread regarding your cruise.  I wish you the very best Rosemary.  As long as you are completely following the program and not comprimising your results with free day you should she outstanding results in your remaining four weeks.

All the best!