Finally looked at my before pictures ...

• And it was just like I expected.  It made me feel worse.  I started week 8 today and took it very easy on my free day.  I believe in this program, and I do see positive changes, I see muslces developing in my legs and arms, its just the fat is not going away.  I am going to finish this challenge and depending on my results, I may try to actual transformation 18 week program.

I'm praying for the Week 8 Miracle! 

• Romemary,

From what I've read and heard, The Transformations Program is the same as this Program. The only difference is the Mental/Emotional aspects of it. It relies on you getting more in touch with what makes you Happy, and Healthy, both Emotionally and Spiritually.

As for the Diet Plan, and Work Out Plan they are the same. Most of the users on Bills site are doing the BFL but some still do the EFL

Hope this helps.

• Oh really?  I thought transformation was 18 weeks and BFL was 12?  I also thought the training was not as intense on tranformation because its a full 18 weeks.  I'll have to do more reading.  Thanks for the reply!

• It is actually 18 Weeks but your basically eating the same and working out the same. Or so I've been told and found through posts on that site.

Either way, I look at it like this. the weight did not come on in 12-18 weeks, it sure is going to take longer to get it off. I've set short term and long term goals. Short term is 3 months from now. Long Term is 12 months from now. once i hit that short term, I'll adjust and go for another 3 month short term goal. All with the focus on that Long Term Goal.

Anyhow, Good luck and let me know if you find anything else out that differs from my research.

Chip

• rosemary,

yes bfl is 12 weeks and transformation is 18 weeks

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE

• So you said something very telling in your post...."And it was just like I expected.  It made me feel worse"

I have found that my expectations actually create my experiences.   I usually find what I am looking for.  When I expect to have a great day or a great workout, I usually do.  The inverse if also true.  Don't take my word for it, just experiment in your own life and see if it rings as true for you as is does for me.

Just something to think about.... =)

Have a great day!  I *know* I will!

• Actually, I have days where I feel great and I jump on the scale and ....... nothing.  Haven't lost a pound.  Nor did I lose any inches.  But I do know how I will react to things.  My before pictures really really bother me.  If I'm motivated and dedicated and want this to work, I personally don't think having to stare at something that bothers me will increase my chances of success.

I'm generally a positive person and excited!  But when it comes to my body, its a very touchy thing for me....

• Have you taken any follow-up or progress pictures?  I know during my first challenge when I didn't feel very many changes my progress shots really showed differences and made me feel like I was moving forward.  I know Jim thought I was losing my mind, because I would wine that nothing was changing and then I would post my pictures and he would be like "what is wrong with you woman!  Look at all those changes!"  And then I could see them too :0).

~Aly

• Actually, I'm waiting.  I've been measuring myself weekly and using the whole "how do my clothes fit?" measuring and I don't feel much of a change size wise.  I know the program is working and I believe I will see results but I don't think its happened yet and I don't want to do anything that will discourage me.  Looking at my before pictures has my a little depressed so looking at week 8 pictures is not  great idea.  My mother and sister have taken my progress pictures at week 4 and week 8.  We are doing week 8 tomorrow morning but I probably won't look at them.  Depends on my emotional state in the morning.  LOL

• Rosemary what are your specific goals?

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• My specific goals ..... that's a hard one to answer.  Eventually?  Emily Alvers or Jen Weatherman bodies.  Defined not bulky. 

I have about 25 -30 pounds of fat to lose to get to about where they are so it would take more than one challenge.  But I can and should be able to come close. 

My specific goal for this challenge is to get back into a pair of jeans I wore in July.  Now the reason I picked this goal is because I wore them when I was 20 pounds lighter, but I realize losing 20 pounds is not a good goal because its not accurate.  I really don't care what I weigh, I want to look better and feel better.

• Have you kept workout and food journals during this challenge?

• Sort of.  When I had something significant to report training or cardio wise like (increase speed) or didn't hit 10, or try this...

I keep a personal journal that I write in everyday and have for many years and I jot down a lot of things in there.  

I'm on a basic robot calendar.  I wake up the same time every day (except Sat and Sun), cook in the morning my meals for the day, mix up the shakes for the other meals, etc.

• So do you write down in slip ups you have in your journal, any missed workouts?  If you don't keep a percise list of your workouts and of your foods, do you really know what you can improve on?  In the beginning, I found that if no one actually saw me eat something like a bite of this or that, I completely ignored the fact that I had eaten it.  Then I started keeping a food journal.  When I started really being honest with myself, I found my problem was in the bite here and piece there.   I recommend you keep detailed journals for both workouts and food.  It helps you and allows others to help get to the root problem if you aren't making noteable progress.

• Actually, I have not missed ONE workout.  I've done everything by the book except for only 2 days when I had to do my training after work instead of first thing.  I'm on a very strict schedule.  Eating wise, I make my meals for the day in the morning either before my cardio or on training days, I pop it in the oven while i get ready for work.  The only "piece here or there" is a swallow of cottage cheese if I wake up in the middle of the night.  I heard that going so long without food (when you are used to eating 6 meals a day) actually slows down your metabolism a little becaus the body is like, "wait you were feeding me every 2.5 - 3.0 hours, I can't go 8 hours without eating"

When I have a clear goal I either finish it completely or end it completely.  I have a clear goal to finish this challenge on May 2.  Which is why I need to tighten up my "free day" I really used my free day as explained by Bill in his book.... yours to take.  I do not cheat AT ALL during the week just knowing I can do whatever I want on Sunday.

By the way, I took my 8th week pictures today and I do see a difference.  The scale has me at losing only 1.5 pounds, but I can finally see a measurable difference in clothing.