My Accountability post!

• Well, as I sit here, nearing the end of week 9 I have decided to create a post for me.  This will be my accountability log of sorts.  I will try to post my workouts and meals here.  I will try to post at least 0nce a day for the last three weeks, except on Sundays my off days if I don't feel like it. 

With the end of this week coming I am finally starting to feel better.  I actually have energy this morning, but the last four days have been tough, I have just been exhausted.  So here is my log from today,s UBWO and my meal plan.

Chest: DB bench 12x50, 10x65, 8x75,6x85,12x75, DB Flyes 12x35

Shoulders: DB Press 12x40, 10x45, 8x50, 6x55, 12x50, DB Front Raises 12x25

Back: One arm Row 12x50, 10x65, 8x75, 6x85,12x75, Reverse grip pulldowns 12x130

Tricep: Rope Pulls 12x60, 10x80, 8x100, 6x120, 12x100, Skull crushers with DB's 12x25's

Bicep: Seated Curls 12x25, 10x30, 8x35, 6x40, 12x35, Standing Cable curl 12x60

Meal one: 6 egg whites, 1 baked potato, Home made garden salsa

Meat Two: Myoplex Lite

Meal Three: Tuna and Baked potato

Meal Four: Myoplex Lite

Meal Five: Chiken and heaping helping of Green Beans

Meal Six: Gold Standard Casein Protein.

Post a reply if you would like, but this is mainly for me!  Thanks!

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."  -Henry Rollins-

• Great job Matthew!

I think this is a great idea, alot of people do it, it helps them.

Suggestions:

Make sure you have enough carbs in your Myoplex lite. You need atleast 20-30, and I don't think Myoplex lite has it. You might need to add a carb to it, like an apple or orange....?

Meal 5- you need a carb. I think green beans is considered a vegetable.

Meal 6- Need a carb!

Don't forget to get your veggies in there 2 times a day and keep up with your water!!

Stacy Lynn

• Leg day!  Favorite day of the week.

Quads: Squats 12x140, 10x230, 8x250, 6x270, 12x230, Extensions 12x140

Hams: Straight Leg Dead-lifts 12x140, 10X160, 8x180, 6x200, 12x160, Ham Curls 12x130

Calves: Standing Calve raises 12x140, 10x230, 8x320, 6x410, 12x320  Seated 12x320

Abs: 12,10,8,6,12 Decline super slow 12x leg raises

Meal one: 6 egg whites, 1 baked potato, Home made garden salsa

Meal Three: Chicken and green beans Baked potato

Meal Five: Chiken and heaping helping of Green Beans and portion of yam.

Meal Six: Gold Standard Casein Protein.

Usually about 1-1/2 gallons of water.

The myoplex lite does have 24g of carbs in it so I am good there, and as for the last meal I am trying to eliminate carbs since I am still quite heavy.  Thanks for the tips Stacy

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."  -Henry Rollins-

• Challenge 1 Week 10 day 65, Captains log...

Well I spent 5 minutes this morning arguing with myself whether I should get up and go do cardio at 5:00am in the morning, or if I should crawl back into the nice warm bed, snuggle up, and go back to sleep.  then I did the fat-man-just-waking-up-scratch-my-belly-thing and noticed something....my stomach.  It is still there, not as big, but it was all I needed to get myself up.

Up until today I had never burned more than 380 calories on the elliptical, but this morning I registered 400 calories burned and 1 mile.  Its kind of weird considering I can bike something like 6 miles in that time and run almost two miles on the treadmill.  

I can tell these last three weeks are going to be hard.  This will probably be one of the harder things I have ever done.  It is so easy to be lazy and sit around not doing anything and boy oh boy is it hard getting up at 5:00am and working out.

Here is my meal plan for today.

Meal one: 6 egg whites, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast

Meal Three: Tuna, Green Beans, Baked potato

Meal Five: Chiken and heaping helping of Green Beans and portion of yam.

Meal Six: Gold Standard Casein Protein, Apple

1-1/2 gallons of Water.

Have a great Day everyone!

• Challenge 1, Week 10, Day 66...

UBWO

Bench: Free Weight Bench 12x105, 10x195, 8x215, 6x225, 12x195, Cable Flyes 12x40

Shoulder: Smith Machine Press 12x105, 10x125, 8x135, 6x145 12x125, DB Front Raises 12x25

Back: Upright Rows 12x100, 10x140, 8x160, 6x180, 12x140 Extensions 12 reps

Triceps: Tricep Cable Press 12x60, 10x80, 8x110, 6x130, 10x110, Overhead Extension 10x65

Bicep: DB curls 12x25, 10x30, 8x35, 6x45, 12x35 Cable Curl 12x60

Meal one: Oats, 30 grams Whey Protein

Meal Three: Tuna, Green Beans, Baked potato

Meal Five: Salmon and heaping helping of Green Beans and portion of yam.

1-1/2 gallons of Water.

I find its easier to eat just about the same thing every day!  I just remember that I am fueling my body, not eating for fun!

Have a great Day everyone!

• Wow!! Great job on your water intake!!

Stacy Lynn

• Challenge 1, Week 10, Day 67

Cardio Day.  Went well because it wasn't fun and I am tired.  I went a little further in my distance, but didn't burn as many calories by the machines standard.  I was 10 calories off from Tuesday's cardio.

This is where things get hard for me.  I ran out of my Myoplex lite, and can't really afford to go drop any cash on some more.  I still have plenty of Betagen and my normal Whey protein, so know its all about even more preparation and planing.  I have everything cooked and prepared except Meal Five.

Meal one: 5 Egg whites, 1 whole Egg, 1 potato

Meat Two: 30 Grams Whey Protein, 1/2 Cup Oats

Meal Three: Chicken, Green Beans, Baked potato

Meal Four: Tuna & Apple

Meal Five: Yam, Salad, More Chicken.

1-1/2 gallons of Water.

I have been hitting my water goal, it is kind of easy because I sit at a desk all day and make sure every hour I am drinking my specified amount.  Its not easy, but its worth it.

• When are you getting your pictures up my friend?

• you know after reading what you wrote , I think i need to re-up my bfl program . I will say this though , I do go to the gym 6 times a week and do a "classic" workout as you do . But (there always seems to be a but) my eating isnt as up to snuff as yours , and I only take the e.a.s protien (2times a day ) and a multi. Thanks for taking the time and listing all that you do , its got me thinking ....thx and great work ! and yeah , wheres a pic bro ?

• Great job! I also am entering week 10 (day 70). We should post our pics together.....even though I'm almost twice your age.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Sorry I haven't posted anything.  I got really sick after the last  post.  I managed to get to the gym a few times, but couldn't hack it.  Went to the doctors and they said flu, but I was worried because on of our friends daughters who sick around the same time came down with spinal meningitis and almost died.  Kind of scary.  I am on day 75, but don't know how stellar of a finish I will have.  And as for pics, I feel like you Rosemary.  I have lost weight, but then it all stalled out and I just stopped for the last 5 weeks.  Not a pound lost or gained.  I will be started a new challenge on the 7th of June with Rosemary so we will see how that goes.  I am still sick and feel horrible, hopefully it will be gone soon or the the challenge will end very crappy.  Oh well we will finish it out though!

• Matthew - keep doing what you can....it is better than where you were 75 days ago right?!

• hit the treadmill hard this afternoon.incline 2.0 first 2 min 4.5 then the first 2 cycles was 5.0,5.5,6.0,6.5, then 3rd cycle I wanted to trick the boby, so i decided to do 5.5,6.0,6.5,7.0, thought I would die, then went back to the same as the first to cycle, then here comes the 18th min, 8.0 for 30sec. then a whopping9.5 for 30 sec. man i almost fell. i have to confess, i did have to grab on for a few seconds during that last 30sec. oh man, the pain in my side was a killer. i was hurting after that one. thank god its done.

right now I am enjoying a chicken salad. i decided to sautee some mushrooms,onions, yellow and roange peppers. i have to say pretty good. I am enjpying it with some watermelon, speaking of that anyone know why watermelon is not authorize, the sugar is low, full of vitamins and water.