HELP!

• I am a 28 year old female and weigh 128 lbs.  I typically weigh 120 lbs but this fall gained some wait so I decided to do BFL and started on 1/14.  I am in the middle of week 5 and very discouraged.  I have not missed a workout and work out hard! My diet is pretty much spot on as well.  I do notice I have a little more muscle but have not lost any fat and my clothes fit the same.  I am getting discouraged, any advice?

• Stick with it!! Maybe look at the quantity of foods, have you reduced your portion size? Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you may not have changed "shape" just yet as the muscle is being formed but the fat is burning off!! Maybe take pics of yourself as you progress, I am going to take weekly pics in my swim suit to keep me looking at what I want to get rid of & think it will be fun to see the whole 12 week transformation visually. How do you feel? I bet you feel great, stick with it, you still have 7 weeks and a lot can happen during that time!!

• I did this program, wow, it's been about 6 or 7 years ago but had AMAZING results!! I am doing it again as I'm getting older, flabbier &more self conscious about being in a bathing suit but the results I had last time are spurring me on again. This time I am going to STAY IN SHAPE & not get lazy! :)

• Hang in there; it's only been a month.  I didn't see any noticeable changes until week 8.  You don't have as much to lose, so it will likely take you a little longer.  Have you gained weight, lost or stayed the same?  Did you do measurements, body fat and pictures prior to starting?  Those are really the best guidelines to how you are doing.  There are many people who make amazing transformations, losing little to no weight, but their body composition changes drastically.  Keep doing what you are doing and make sure you are drinking lots of water and getting adequete sleep as well.

You got this!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks I have stayed exactly the same.  I am taking pictures to get a visual of what's going on.  I guess I will wait it out and keep going.

• Hi there!

One thing that I see many people do is eat too FEW calories daily.  You might be eating the right portion sizes, but if you are not making sure the calories add up, it can cause your body to store fat instead of lose it.  Do you monitor your calorie/fat/protein/carb intake every single day?  Also..  are you drinking sodas, teas, or any other sugary drink?

:)  Kerry
    2012 Body-for-Life Champion, Women's 30-45