Did any of your relationships change with your body transformation?

• Did any of your relationships change with your body transformation? If so, were the changes for the better or are some relationships strained? Most of the changes in my relationships were for the better, but there always was a change in each relationship.

I've been feeling more positive, due to the weight loss and the encouragement I'm feeling everyday to keep going. I already lost 35 lbs and I want to lose 25 or 30 lbs more. It's fun to go shopping with friends and not be self conscious about how I look in the clothes. On my free days, I can eat guilt free. Before BFL, I was a chronic dieter, with no free day and little results.

On the downside, some of my food choices seem to clash with what everyone else wants to eat. I find I'm turning down invitations to dinner and drinks if it's not my free day (the temptation is too much). No one has gotten jealous of my progress yet, thankfully. I heard that can be a real problem. 

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!

• Hello, mine changed not by getting into shape rather losing the marriage because of poor health and fitness.  I am certain these areas can be improved in 12 weeks.

• Sorry your marriage ended. You say it was due to poor eating habits. Hopefully, you will have a relationship where the two of you can get into healthy habits and encourage each other. :)

Come visit my blog!

• ElleBlue, I know what you mean. I started to feel like a hermit during my Challenge. I was already 90% telecommute with my job and once I had to start skipping happy hours and dinner nights, the loneliness got pretty significant. What I found was to try and entice my friends into doing other stuff that didn't involve food, like dog walks or hikes or just going to grab a cup of coffee or tea. Or, if a friend was having a group dinner at her house I would bring a nice big salad or something that I could eat and only drink water or maybe some club soda with lime. It worked out and now I have a lot of friends who have gotten into fitness so we do a lot of fitness-related activities together like runs, yoga, kettle bells, etc. It's actually cemented a lot of the positive friendships and, on the flip side, has unglued a few that maybe weren't so great to begin with, and the lack of support and understanding made me realize that person wasn't good to be around overall.

My relationship with my husband has changed somewhat; he is just not a workout/fitness guy (he likes playing sports more) and simply isn't the type to communicate much of anything, so he was never a huge center of encouragement for me. Thankfully he was working on kicking some bad eating/drinking habits and he doesn't eat dairy products, so cooking and eating clean was a snap for us. I've since just accepted that he is not going to be a workout partner or cheerleader for me, he has his own things going on, so when I go for a run or go lift he will work on the cars or play disc golf with his coworkers, and having those separate activities has, in the long term, been good for us.

I'm glad this is a thread, since BFL affects not only you but the people around you. Interested to hear what other people have to say!

• Hi MW Seahorse,

Sorry I haven't been back here to reply to your post. I got swamped with work, went to a viewing this week (my friend's sister died) and stayed at my friend's house. Then I got sick with the flu and didn't even want to sit up for long and basically just lie around all weekend.

I'm glad you have a network of friends who are all into getting fit. I have a couple of friends into getting fit. One friend lives in my complex, but now our schedules are very different, so we're at the gym different times of the day.

I'm sorry your husband has not at least been a cheerleader for you. I am glad he eats clean though. It seems you two have found a good balance where he can occupy himself, while you're at the gym.

Since I've been going to the gym in the morning, there is hardly anyone there and I have a lot of the equipment to myself. :) The people who are there are on a mission to get their workout in before going to work. Even though it's not a social time, I feel the atmosphere is good for me, because I need to get my workout finished, so I can catch my train to the city. When I drove to work, I was a lot more relaxed and didn't worry about 10 extra minutes in the gym.

Yeah, I have some bar food and beer friends that I haven't seen in awhile. I just couldn't meet up with them on my free days. Of course, some of them are asking where I've been. Most of them are pretty understanding, some of them like to give me the guilt trip.

Come visit my blog!

• I hung out with my best girlfriends a couple weeks ago and it was REALLY hard.  They just couldn't understand why I was doing things the way I was doing it.  They have both struggled to lose weight in the past and SWEAR the only way to do it is by jumping to 800 calories for a couple of months.  I just kept trying to remind myself that I am doing it the right way for me. I love them, with all my heart, but being around them right now  is difficult.  They live on another coast, though, so I won't see them for several more months.  Hopefully, by then they will see a significant change and be convinced of my method.  :)