Females over 200lbs

• congrats to you Tri-Tri-Again!  sounds like you're really on track.  I just finished week one, and am just glad I'm sticking with it.  I did all of my workouts and really tried to push myself - my unbelievable soreness was evidence for me.  meals I'd say I was about 90% on target - but hey that's SO much better than I was eating.  had my free day yesterday and am right on track today.  like you, I'll probably need at least two challenges to reach my goals but if that's what it takes, I need to do this.  I want to reclaim the 'me' that is buried underneath all this fat.

I wish it felt more routine but hopefully after 3 weeks like you I will.

best wishes to all!

Susan

• I  wish my sister would get on this forum, it is very helpful to read the conversations, she too has over 100 lbs to lose. We started Dec 17th, she had a set back a restarted Jan 1st. It's true that measuring is better than weighing, with my waist being 3 inches smaller in 6 wks, for me, I should be 15 lbs lighter, but I'm about 9 to 10. I'm trying to focus on progress, any is better than when I started. I would love to have the wonderful body transformations that so many people get, just don't think I have what it takes to get there. @ artemis susan, it does feel more routine atfer awhile especially the workouts, the eating part gets better too tho like most of us food is a comfort when there are struggles, I'm trying hard not to let myself down.

• EandJzmom - Sorry about your sister's set back.  Not sure what it was that would make her want to start over but starting over doesn't make it any easier.  The way I got around it was from something someone said once.  When we trip walking up a flight of stairs, do we go back to the beginning of those stairs and start over until we can walk those flight of stairs flawlessly?  NO!  It's still progress, so when anybody feels like they have messsed up some part of the process and should start over, think about how much it really doesn't make any sense to do.  Just pick up where you think you messed up and keep going.  No one has a perfect 12 weeks...no one that I've known anyway.  Glad you figured out the scale is not your friend.  Use the measurements as you've been doing.  I found an old chart of my progress.  For 2 weeks the scale didn't move.  I stayed at 193lbs but I had lost 2 inches in various places on my body.  That was still a loss even though the scale didn't show it.  The scale is something we all grew up learning that was the way to judge our bodies but really there are other ways.  Use the tape measure on a regular bases and use the scale on a quarterly bases and you'll be much more motivated and happier with what you are doing.  Look forward to what's coming your way.  No one who ever got the results you are hoping for did it by thinking negatively.  Think positive thoughts and think what you are doing is a good thing and not just some routine that gets old.  Think of it as your "me" time.  Schedule it and stick to it.  It's your appointment for you just like any other appointment you would make. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Again, Sharon, just great advice.  I love the analogy about the stairs.  I will have to remember that one and share with my buds!  

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• Sharon,

thank you for your posts and positive cheers.  I blew it last night.  I dont know why.  old habits and wasnt thinking? I had a crappy day. felt stressed.  one glass of wine led to two led to popcorn, led to cheese , crackers UGH.  I woke feeling awful, really bad about myself.  thinking I blew it and should just quit, I'll start again on Monday.

I logged on this morning and read your post and 'no one has a perfect 12 weeks' and the 'stairs'.  you're an angel.  I'm going downstairs now to do my cardio.  ok. thanks.

• I'm thinking of doing all 4 challenges this year as I started workin out at 223 and have a total of 100 more pounds to lose (down 55 from highest weight and have kept that 55 off one year now).  It's nice to see more people this heavy diving into this challenge, perhaps we can be each others support group in this forum.....  I know I will need support!

• hello, I'm doing the challenge, was going to dive into all 4 but see now that they overlap with dates, so I guess I will either do  round 1 and 3 or 2 and 4...... i know it's not physically possible to accomplish what I need to in just 12 wks.  You should join me in a double challenge!!  Don't let your medical issues control you!!! Learn to control what you can!  meal choices, exercises, you will feel better and tone up all the way around!   I suffer from Fibromyalgia and I do not take any pharmacuticals for it, some days are harder than others, but I always feel better after a workout !  muscle does weigh more than fat, but drink plenty of water and the fat will wash away if you are stickin to your healthy meal choices and exercising regularly!  I've kept off 55 pounds for a year, done with the plateau ( got interrupted by surgery and had to be lazy for 8 long wks) 2013 is going to show me the 100 pound loss and melt the fat lady who has built a coccoon around the real me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm givin it the whole year!  ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!

• WAY TO GO Coconut!!!!  I'm in it for the whole year too.  I would like to lose 50 lb ... we CAN do this!  

• Hello, I started BFL for the second time last two weeks ago and I'm thrilled to be back. I am 276 and 5 foot 6 and I've worked out with weights for years and love doing so. I stopped my program in 2009 and gained weight, fat, and worst of all became unhappy with myself because it was all my own doing. I'm happy to say that is all over, I'm committed and ready to be in great shape again.

Anyway, my goal is to lose 100 lbs and be fit and have excess energy again. I would love to be involved with this group and offer any support that I can offer!

• Hey ladies!  Today is day 28 (end of week 4) and I have lost four pounds and 3 inches from my body (1.5 from my waist, .5 from my hips, and .5 off each calf).  How amazing!  And i thought I couldn't lose weight!!!!

• I am new to thus forum. I am just turned 41 and over 200. I'm not happy with myself. I initially did this program 10years ago and was much thinner. Too think I tought I was fat then. I think this commumity will help me get back to a healthy weight. I have some challenges, I own a 24 hout business and I have psoriatic arthritis. I think my pso arthritis will calm down with me losing weight. If anyone has that same condition please post suggestions.

• I'm just starting a new challenge, at 211 (5'5"). I have tried the challenge  before, and lost about 20 lbs, but still struggling with overeating, which  means I go back up pretty easily. I'm looking for more accountability this go around. It may take a couple challenges to do it, but I need to get this extra weight off.

• Hi ladies,

today is day 15 for me.  I'm leaving my scale in the closet which is really hard.  I'm taking the advice of some successful BFLrs and not weighing/taking measurements until I finish my first four weeks, then again at 8 and then when I finish.  Was pretty good with my food/portions over the weekend but missed a cardio workout.  no excuses.  no good ones anyway.  but I got up this morning and did a smokin UBWO, can really feel it in my arms, even as is sit here and type!  

We can all do this and welcome to new friends on this thread.  I enjoy reading everyone's posts, its really helpful and since my husband is not doing this with me, it helps me feel like I'm not alone.  thank you all.

• Wow - I thought I was the only 200+ female and am glad to know I'm not alone. Today is my first day of the challenge and  I'm 5' 9", 239 lbs, and 60 yrs old. I did the program about 10 years ago and it worked great but my bad habits returned and I gained back all my weight plus an additional 40 lbs. I am determined that this time it is "for LIFE" and I'll be successful.

I had a great workout this morning and can feel my muscles still tingling 6 hours later. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and all the days to follow and the great progress I know this program can deliver.

Thanks for all the posts that make me feel connected to others in the same boat as me. Nice to not feel alone!

• I've been reading this board for a few weeks now and decided to post.  I too am over 200 lbs (206) and I'm 5'3.  I'm finally trying to accept that this is where I am and that I don't want to gain anymore.  It happened so fast and if I don't do something now I'm going to turn around and be in even worse shape.  I did BFL in 2001 with a friend and we both had amazing results.  It works.

I started yesterday 1/27.  Did upperbody yesterday and ran today for my HIIT cardio.  The run was brutal--I feel it in my abs which I know is good.

My 40th birthday is July 20th and my goal is to be down 4 dress sizes (to a size 8) fitting back into all the beautiful clothes I have in my closet.  Maybe that's too ambitious a goal--I don't really know--but I'm going to try.  Whatever I do, I don't want to be the size I am now.  

So if y'all don't mind, I'm going to post to this board and let y'all know how it's going and the results that I know I'm going to see.  I'm doing this alone which is hard for me but going to take it one day at a time.