Females over 200lbs

• I am over 200 and am not sure I will do the actual challenge. I have hypothyroidism and take medication that makes it somewhat more difficult for me to lose the weight. I have 17 weeks until my niece's wedding and I would like to be able to enjoy my vacation there without huffing and puffing my way through. My ultimate goal in this first 17 weeks is to gain energy and endurance. I gain muscle quickly so using the scale can be very depressing. I tend to gain weight at the beginning. I will step on in the morning to get my starting weight then probably won't get on it again for 6-8 weeks. I would prefer to use measurements and how I feel as barometers. Are any of you ladies looking to do a longer program until you are back in shape? I would like to keep at it for the next 6 months or so until I feel a lot better and can move a lot better.

• DealQueen, check this story out jen-fits-playground.com/.../the-light-will-come-not-giving-up-helped-me.  If you are on Facebook check out her facebook page "Recipes for Gals in Figure and Bodybuilding."  Don't let the title of the page fool you. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Sharon--Wonder-Woman thank you for posting.  Your transformation is awesome!!  I love seeing someone go from where I am to where I would like to be.  I hope other people can benefit from seeing your transformation.  

• Thank you rodecham.  I'm glad to help.  I know how you all are feeling.  Keep on track for 12 weeks and see where it leads you. :-)

• Hey girls-  I'm right here with you.  I'm in week 2 (week 3 starts tomorrow).  I'd love to keep up with us as a group.

• Oh my goodness!!  Y'all, check this out... bodyforlife.com/.../462.aspx

Save it and read it weekly (or daily if you need).   Amazing stuff!!

Go, Becca, Go!  Tri Tri Again!  www.tinyurl.com/rebecca2013  

• Tri-Tri-Again, what you found was Mike Harris' Ladies Success Journal.  You ladies should read it and read it often when you start to feel results are not happening for you.  You can find it on this site or on Mike's website which is still up.  When you get a chance visit and read some of the things Mike wrote about with regard to doing BFL.  He left us a wealth of info.

http://bodyforlife.com/community/boards/bfl/m/mediagallery/462.aspx

http://mikeharris.org/2010/03/14/lady-success-document-as-of-3-14-10/

• just found this thread.  I'm 5'10" and weigh 221 so glad to see I'm not alone.  I just started, in fact today is day one.  and its better that I'm reading the forums and inspiring stories tonight versus having that glass of wine that I really want.  I'm going to check out Michelle Simpsons story now.  best wishes to all.

• The stories are helpful... keep you motivated and remind you what can be done.

I am in week two officially and OMG lost 7lbs.

• Oh my goodness, Sharon WW, AMAZING!!!!!!!  Wow!  Congrats!  You look ab-fab.  Great, great job!

• Great job rodecham!!!!  Keep it up!

• Hey lovely ladies- just wanted to check in and see how everybody is doing?  

Losing weight is so weird.  This week I lost  .5 an inch in each of my arms!  I lost a little in my waist, but it was most significant in my arms this week.  Anybody else lose it in a weird place this week or is everybody just losing it all over?

• LOL!  A loss is a loss, right?  I've only measured my hips and there has been no change.  I really don't want to offically weigh, measure, and take photos until the end of week four, and that will be next weekend (1/27).  My fingers are crossed!

• tri tri again, I'm with you on not weighing now.  Day 6 for me and no change in measurements and I'm afraid to get on the scale.  if the numbers dont move or worse go up (like Ive read has happened to some) I'm afraid I'd get depressed and resort to bad habits in response.  I did every one of my workouts this week and really tried to push myself to hit those intensity levels.  eating out tonight with friends so really have to commit to good choices.  

congrats rodecham and balancingact - great job!  thank you all for your posts, they really help!

• This weekend is the end of my week three.  Per the above, i'm not weighing or measuring yet, but i do have a pair of shorts that feel a little (just a tiny) bit lose (I live in the South).  But, one thing I am noticing is that for three weeks now, things are starting to feel normal (habit).  The work outs just happen, i plan them and don't stress.  The meals don't bother me either.  5/6 small meals a day made me a little unhappy at first because i want three big meals.  But now it feels normal and i don't stress over it.  Also, I just feel more accomplished.  I am so proud that I have stuck to the BFL plan 99.999% (i missed one cardio session) and I am just so dang proud of myself.  I can really see this becoming a true lifestyle like it is meant to be.

I aslo reckon that i'll need a few "rounds" of the BFL plan to reach my goals, but that's ok. How about you all?  Do you feel like you are settling into a positive routine that feels sustainable?