Why are my muscles WORN out so much??

• Week 10 Day 3.... Just did UBWO and I just didn't have the same energy I normally have...Had to lift lighter on a few exercises but I feel extra TIGHT and BURNING an hour later... Do you know why???

I missed my multiple for a few days.

I am drinking close to a gallon of water and getting my 6 meals in. Yesterday I had 7 so that I wouldn't go to bed absolutely starving.

Please explain if you know any possible answers!

I think I am losing some fat, too...

• It's week 10.  Let me dig up an old post from BFLMike regarding the last few weeks.

WEEKS 10, 11 and 12!   Many are talking about how hard the last two or three weeks are. The feelings are described as feeling "weak" or "lethargic" or having a "who cares" attitude.

Here is what is happening in those last weeks. Fat stores are being consumed, and the body doesn’t run as efficently and happily on fat as it does on blood sugar from high glycemic carbs. Muscle density and volume has increased, and the needs of your body to heat and feed that muscle have increased.  All this takes more energy, and if you don’t put more food in your body, the energy deficit grows, which means you will shrink up more. Muscles are getting fatigued and suffering micro damage from the hard workouts. Healing is taking a bit longer due to the other things I just mentioned. In other words, folks, you have done a bang up job of working and dieting like a trooper and the last three weeks will be the payoff!  

But, it will come with pain and both physical and mental struggles because your body and your mind will fight you to the bitter end to avoid giving up those past significant fat stores!To win, you don’t need to feel glorious and joyful, or even look that way, but you need to feel and act indestructible and victorious. You are almost there!!

You CAN do this–and the finish line is almost in sight! If you give up now, you’ve wasted the whole 2 months before now! Give it all you have–drink tons of water–take leisurely walks in the light and the cool of the day–and speak and think good thoughts!

Don’t focus on YOU, but focus on the new you at the end of these few more weeks!

Hang in there–pray hard–and don’t give up the prize for something incredibly stupid like a package of M & Ms!!

This is a repost curtesy of Mike Harris 2006 BFL Champ!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Michelle, thanks for posting this.  I am only on week 9, but this is exactly how I feel right now.  This post has given me a boost.  The part I like the best is when Mike says "your body and your mind will fight you to the bitter end".  In all honesty I feel this way.  I haven't seen a lot of changes in the last three weeks, but this week has been the hardest so far.  I feel week, tired, and feel like I am doing this for nothing, and if my body isn't going to change, why the heck am I doing this.  Thanks again!

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."  -Henry Rollins-

• Ironically, no matter how many challenges I do, this is still how I feel coming to the wire.  Now I remember why it happens, but the cycle doesn't change.  ;o)

• Good morning!  Thanks for that post Michelle.

My favorite part is when BFLMike says, "To win, you don't need to feel glorious and joyful, or even look that way, but you need to feel and act indestructible and victorious".  

Confidence and Matthew!  YOU ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE...and each day you continue on this challenge, YOU ARE VICTORIOUS!!

Keep up the great work!  

Julie

C2W1D3

• Here's another quote I find very fitting towards the end of the first challenge and the beginning of the second.

"Forget about likes and dislikes.  They are of no consequence.  Just do what must be done.  This may not be happiness, but it is greatness...  ~ George Bernard Shaw

• Finish line in site my friend go hard.  

That quote by George Bernard Shaw is a good one.  I'm going to post it in my MSN status and where ever else I feel it's appropriate.

• heheh Armster, I just posted it on my Facebook status!!! LOL