Reflection... (in the Mirror)

• I am at the end of my 7th week.

Today I walked by a mirror, wearing a shirt that I hadn't worn in awhile. I caught my reflection, and stopped dead in my tracks. Wow... have I begun to change. 

Yes, I measure myself...I weigh (yes...I weigh) and check body fat levels. But, I haven't really looked at myself in 7 weeks. I usually avoid the mirror. I briefly do my hair and a quick check...but rarely do I really...really, look at myself.  

We are so busy with our daily lives sometimes, I think it's important not to get so caught up in clean eating, the workouts, the free day, and the weeks go by...and forget who we are doing this for. We are doing it for ourselves. To have a better, healthier life. To be a better partner to someone, or mother or father or sister or brother. To look better, to feel better...to be better.

BFL becomes consuming... in a good way. In the best way. Please all you BFLers... take a minute or two out of your day, and get reacquainted with yourself every so often, and remember why you are doing this and for who, and for heavens sake, take a good look in the mirror, maybe wearing an item of clothing that you haven't worn for awhile, and take in what you are accomplishing.

You might just surprise yourself.  :-)

• Its funny that you posted this today.  I too did the same thing yesterday.  FINALLY stook in front of a full lenght mirror and was amazed at the person looking back.  I am in week 9 and I and SUPER excited to see these changes.

Thanks for posting!

• LOVE this post.  Thanks for sharing.  What a nice way to start the day!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• You're so right. We forget sometimes the reason or reasons we began in the first place. My favorite surprise is trying on a shirt or pants and seeing them fit so much better.  They're not tight anymore. It helps to kickstart my day! Great post.

• Congrats,  It's a surprise, especially that first time when you see the new person in the mirror. Enjoy and use this inspiration to Keep Moving Forward in your goals and aspirations.