Cooking in bulk!!

• Hey bfler's!! Hope everyone is having a great day. Today is day 58. Had a good cardio this morning on my home treadmill.....set a new peak of 8.2 on a 2 incline. Just got in from barbequing a big batch of lean ground beef burgers. One of the great tips I received years ago from a fellow bfler was to cook in bulk and freeze the portions in ziploc baggies. It has really helped me to stick with a clean diet. Whenever I do protein pancakes....chicken breasts or burgers I always cook up 15-20 at a time. Right now my freezer is loaded with ziploc bags. My wife every couple weeks makes a large serving of brown rice and mixed veggies which we do the same with that. So if there are any reading this that are fairly new to BFL this is a good way set yourself up for success!! Have a great day everyone!!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Fit4life I agree.  It's a Sunday ritual for me to cook for the week and freeze.  It's been a great strategy that's carried me through many meals.  I've done everything from lean beef and pinto or black beans, to chicken and quinoa or brown rice.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I agree- cooking in bulk is something I can really imagine helping!! I just need to do it!!  

Stacy Lynn