Week 7 (redo) opinions/tweeking if you can assist

• Hiya! I titled this week 7 re-do because I literally have to do week 7 again. I had an emergency trip come up out of the blue, so with the packing/planning/rearranging I only had 1 workout the entire week. It was madness, but humerous none the less! The trip was not that bad, the eating was pretty much on track (minus the 1 sausage and beer business meeting and the early AM pancake meetings (only 1 for me!)) Workouts were a no go, but like I said...the eating was pretty much on track! I'm suprised and elated that I have changed so much.

Anyways, the reason I type this is because I've only lost 6 pounds and accoring to the body fat scale, 2% body fat.

I was wondering if you guys could just double check my stats and see that I'm doing everything right or need to tweek in any areas! Thank you guys! You are awesome!

1st Challenge, Week 7 (yet again)

Cardio - bike or run, 20 minutes, HR range 133 - 160, cals appx 200 per session. I workout on an empty stomach and eat eggwhites/toast within 30 afterwards.

Arms - start at 5, then 10, 15, 20, last set is at 10. (i want to start off at 10, then 15, 20, 25, last set at 10 again...is that ok?). I eat breakfast an 1 1/2 before the workout and I drink a protein shake within 30 minutes afterwards

Legs - same as arms.

eating - 6 times a day, CLA with the meals. The food cheating is minimial, I've dropped to 1 cheat meal a week.

Water - 3 glasses with each meal and at least 3 more throughout the day.

EAS products - Myoplex lite, CLA. I'm starting to transition to EAS reduced carb. 

Meals - 1 meat, 1 veggie with each meal (minus breakfast - egg whites and toast) . Protein/carb ratio is about 15-20 grams of protein with 20 - 25 carbs at each meal (os so I try. Lunch is hit or miss because sometimes I only eat a sandwich)

Weight - 160, Body Fat 36% (again, this is according to the scale. I've not gotten an official caliper test yet)

Thanks again guys! I really appreciate all you have done for me!! Rock on B4L-ers!

• Forgive me but WHY ARE YOU DOING WEEK 7 OVER?!  Really it is not necessary.  Not many people have a perfect challenge.  Press ahead and continue on to week 8!  If you keep doing stuff over, you will have a hard time getting to week 12.  Life happens so just work with it.

Cardio looks ok but just so you understand, this is how it works.  Order the 4 DVD Set from this website by the way, it's great! :-)

You should be working out on an empty stomach, even on weight days if your goal is fat loss.  I personally do my weight days like this - 5, then 10, 15, 20, last set is at 15.

Water - You should be getting in at least 80-96 oz of water per day, however you get it done.

When you say meat do you mean protein?  That's what you should be having with each meal 1 protein, 1 carb and 1 veggie with at least 2 of your meals.

Hope this helps.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Meldia.....I was on week 5 and had to take a work trip myself. I was unable to go to the gym, but I ran when I could. I was like you and thought I should "redo" my week five....I got a TON  of advice from a lot of people on the forum telling me not to "redo" any weeks. BFL is all about overcoming challenges and working with what is available to you. The reality is, in real life you will always face unexpected trips, loss, or just plain crazy schedules and redos are not an option...The twelve week program is no different, it's just a training period for the rest of your life....Keep up the good work, and just press through week eight.....My week six was killer because I knew I was unable to excel like I wanted to on week five.....It was motivation, and kept me going!!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!

*~*Success is hidden under a rock of hard work. Keep digging with patience; it's up to you, only*~*

• I agree with the other posters...THERE IS NO RE-DO's.....ONLY REBOOTS!

Bring on week 8! 5 more weeks to give it all you can. :)

• Meldia,

One other very important thing is that to officially enter the challenge, it must be 12 consecutive weeks.  Just consider week 7 a wash and continue on to week 8, give it your best the rest of the challenge!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Hi Guys! Thanks for all of the advice! I'll just go ahead and pickup the workout at week 8 and continue to stick to the schedule. I must say...this B4L is sorta fun. I've been inactive for about 2 years and it feels good to have the fat flushing and the blood aflowin!

One more question - this one is for the ladies: Have any of you lost cellulite while on this program? (some science say that its genetic, but I've been fit before and never had it. Once I gained the excess weight I also gained the cellulite - yuck!) I was thinking about cutting my carbs on at least 2 of my meals (by drinking the EAS carb lite) too see if that will elevate the results. Any suggestions? I dont see a difference in the carb intake.....

• Don't cut anything.  I also was in shape once with no cellulite.  After doing the program, it's virtually gone.  I might have one dent. :-) With the carb lite shakes you need to have a carb to make it a meal.  This works, no tweaking needed.  You can click on my profile name to see my transformation.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Sharon--Wonder-Woman
    You should be working out on an empty stomach, even on weight days if your goal is fat loss.  I personally do my weight days like this - 5, then 10, 15, 20, last set is at 15.

Sharon, is this the weight or number of reps per set?

--- Kitty