12 Week Body for Life - Week 1

• Now I am following 12 Week Body for Life Challenge

Why I chose ? I feel it good for beginner and also those "cheat day"  is also given.

Week 1

--------

Weight Lost - 1.4kg/3 pounds

Day 1 Upper Body Training Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back/Biceps
    Day 2 Cardiovascular Workout
    Day 3 Lower Body and Abs Training Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Abdominals
    Day 4 Cardiovascular Workout
    Day 5 Upper Body Training Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back/Biceps
    Day 6 Cardiovascular Workout
    Day 7 Rest

Repetitions: x12, x10, x8, x6, x12, x12

Diet - Daily 4 portion protien, 4 portion carbs and veggies salad

Thanks

• What a great start!

I have created a Facebook group called “Body for Lifers!”  The link is…

www.facebook.com/.../353357984743968

I just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I would enjoy having an easily accessible support group. I would like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.

Come join us if you would like!

Laura

• Great start tomorrowismine8, Well done, I think the first week is the hardest.  3 pounds already is fantastic!

Also would love to join your group Laura if that is OK

Jo

• Please do not call it a "cheat day".  It's a free day and you are free to do what you wish with it.  Calling it a cheat day implies that you are cheating, which is psychologically different.  Also, it makes one think they have to overeat or indulge in unhealthy foods, which is not the case. 

Ps - Good job on the 3 pounds, but you shouldn't be tracking that at this stage.  :)

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I noticed you're doing upper body in the order of Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back/Biceps

It should be Chest/Shoulders/Back/Triceps/Biceps

This will count for something because when you workout multiple joints with the same muscle group you increase the amount of hormones that grow muscle. Also you have more energy for the larger muscle groups. This is why you will notice all

of the weight lifting orders are largest muscle groups with the most joints to smallest muscle groups with one joint.

•   I did join your group last week, great stuff

Thanks

Satish

• Thanks Jo

• Jessica  

Point noted , its no more a Cheat day its Free Day .

I agree with you , too early to celebrate

• Linden , thats correct.

I did as per Body For Life but was not correct while putting in forum.

Thanks,

Satish

• Enjoy.  I was soooooooo pumped when I started that I feared the "new"would wear off.  I am not a ball of energy any more, but I am comfortable in the routine.  I may be odd, but I love the feeling of sore muscles the day after a work out.  That motivates me because I know something is happening.  Good luck!

• You are sweet.  I believe you misunderstood my point about the 3 pounds.  It's not that it's too early to celebrate, it's that you shouldn't be using the scale as your validation for doing so.  Doing what you're supposed to, keeping on plan, hitting those 10's, eating clean and having pants that fit better are reasons to celebrate.  ... not some arbitrary 3 pounds. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!