Today (sunday) is my free day, but last night after....

• After my last meal I had some buddies show up and i ended up having 3 beers like an hour after i ate. I know this isn't gonna kill me. I'm in my 4th week and am already swimming in pants that were too small for me 4 weeks ago .BUT what can i do to make sure those 3 beers won't screw me this coming week? anything? this is the first time I've drank beer in months. i did down like 2 quarts of water right before bed. this is also my first "slip up". i feel like an idiot. 

• According to Bill Phillips in BFL book the beer should only hamper your metabolic rate for about 3 days and then you'll be back on your way to losing again. But as you may realize, too many events like this will lessen the results of your overall Challenge in the way of loses and gains that are your goals. So chalk it up to experience, but continue on and Keep Moving Forward!!!

• You sounded so funny in saying that you felt like an idiot. I am sure we all feel like an idiot at some point. It made me smile. But don't beat yourself up any longer. Now that you felt like an idiot, next time you let the idiots drink by themselves and have their bellies look like it too. But you are ON YOUR WAY!!! Keep it up. You are a winner.

SorayaRosaria

• I hear your frustration!  I have created a Facebook group called “Body for Lifers!”  just for this sort of vent!

The link is…

www.facebook.com/.../353357984743968

I just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I would enjoy having an easily accessible support group. I would like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.

Please come join us!

Laura

• Congratulations for having the G-U-I-L-T.

You are halfway out of those 3 beers, keep this slip up as a firm reminder that we need to stick to our journey.

Avoid , Jump, Duck but keep moving.

• If you had them on your free day no biggie at all.  In fact it may accelerate your fat loss. Cut back on carbs for a day or two and push hard on your work outs and you will be ahead of the game

• I laughed when you said "I feel like an idiot"  I just came back from a 9 day trip to New York and My VERY LARGE customer wanted to have dinner and party a bit... so I tried NOT too, but my boss leaned over and said "you are making your customer feel bad" ARRGGH.  SO I gave in.  Had food I shouldn't have and had A glass of wine and 3 scotches (yes, women drink scotch -lol)  but I felt like you and wrote to my group that my night was an EPIC FAIL.

But guess what?  I lost 3 lbs this week.

I will not be doing that again, but I am not sweating it either.  PEER PRESSURE SUCKS.  I felt like an 18 year old dumbA$$ at the time.

You sound like you are doing awesome.  Keep up the good work and enjoy your free day!

• Great story Shellbells. You are doing great too, just keep going.

SorayaRosaria

• Thanks sorayarosaria!

• It's not like playing golf and thinking I have to get 18 hole in one's in a row or totaly fail.

Let these things bounce off of you and keep going.

• I don't think that cutting your carbs after the fact is best.  You shouldn't be having "extra" carbs so changing up the plan will prevent you from having the energy you need. 

Your Saturday / Sunday isn't going to kill you or this Contest.  If there's a next time... Saturday is your free day.  You took two this week.  It happens.  Move on. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I love Jessica's advice.  It makes sense.  It happened, move forward.