Mark's body for life

•  

Hello everyone,

Decided it's time to put myself out there and hopefully gain some love and support from the BFL community.  The photo's below are from December 28 2011.  I suppose you could say it was the day I was "re-born".  It was the day I gave up a lot of bad habits and started doing a un-official version of BFL.   

Me on December 28th   269 lbs.

Side view of me December 28th 2011.

On April 02, 2012 I was so excited about the progress I was making that I decided to join a gym and actually register for the BFL program.   

April 02, 2012.  239 lbs.  First day of BFL challenge 1

Day 1 side

Day 1 Back

Tomorrow is day 42 and the last day of my 6th week (first challenge). Below are my progress pics at 6 weeks from the official start of BFL.

Day 41 from the front.

Day 41 from the side.

So there it is:  I'm out there for all the world to see.  Kind of a vulnerable place to be but I feel better than I have in... well, I don't remember ever feeling this great!

Here's hoping the next 6 weeks will produce even better results.  If anyone is interested in my story, feel free to check out my blog: 

http://marksbodyforlife.blogspot.com/

• Congratufreakinlations! THAT is what it's all about. Love it! That face went from sad face to game-on face. There isnt anything stopping you but you! Keep it up Mark - the next six weeks are going to be amazing.

Looking at your pics I can clearly see the physical changes, but I know for a fact, the mental changes are keeping the pace too. Great work!

• Absolutely fantasic results.  You must be so proud.  Celebrate your awesomeness with a tall Myoplex.  I can't wait to see the coming weeks. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thank you so much.  The mental changes are by far the best part of this process.

• wow!  Great job!  You look fantastic!

• You look awesome Mark! What a massive change you've achieved already. Congratulations & keep up the great work!! ^_^

"Eat clean, train mean, live lean!"

• Mark....Way to Go  You have made some serious improvements in your self over the 6weeks.  I wish you the best on the last half as well.  Keep up the great work!!! and Keep Moving Forward!

• Great job!  Oh what a feelin. Keep it up!

• OH MY!!!   Wow, what a transformation! Way to go!

• I agree with legs....Congratufreakinlations!

• Nice one dude you are looking good and fit, so much weight lost and a totaly different person all together, you have given me more inspiration to succeed.

Thanks

• I did my measurements the first week of BFL (on the 5th day) and again on my Birthday (42nd day). I wish I would have done them back in December but... I didn't.

Using a pair of Accu-Measure Calipers and the Body for Life body fat calculator I determined my body fat percentage in April was 25.05 % my fat mass on April 07 was 58.62 lbs. and my lean mass was 175.38 lbs.

Using the same calculator and measuring techniques, my body fat % as of May 13 (6 weeks later) was 17.16 %. My fat mass on May 13 was 37.41 lbs. and my lean mass was 180.59 lbs.

That’s just under an 8 % decrease in body fat and a gain of 5 lbs. of muscle.

I have lost 4 inches in my hips and 4 inches in my waist.

I've lost a total of 16.5 inches from head to toe.

I can't get over how great this whole experience has been. My watch band has decreased in size by 5 holes and my belt either needs a new hole punched in it or I need a new belt because my current one is too big. I was on the last hole of that belt when this all started. Last summer I was wearing shorts in a size 40. I'm currently wearing a 36 and they are almost too big for me. I have to have a belt on to keep them up.

I will need a completely new wardrobe by the end of this challenge but it’s soooo worth it.

• Wow!!! Impressive!!!!  You should be so proud of your accomplishments.  You are such a great example of what dedication and perserverence can do for you.  Keep up the great work!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• BDMom, You are super impressive yourself.  Wow!  Thank you for the great comment and your accomplishments are truly inspiring.  

• Way to go, bro.

You look 10 years younger.