Week 6 Progress with Pics

• Hello everyone,

I'm sure you all know how difficult it is to get the courage to take the dreaded before and during pictures. I have included pictures from Week 1, Week 4 and Week 6.

I am in week 8 now and have only lost 4 lbs. This can be very discouraging.  Though I have chosen "Optimist" as my user-name, I have been far from being optimist.  During these 8 weeks not a day goes by that I don't come to the forums for encouragement. If it weren't for the stories as well as reading the Body for Life book over and over again, I would not be here. I attempted to do the challenge back in 2002 but hurt my back during the 7th week and stopped never returning wanting to do the challenge every year after that but never doing it.  Until this year when I turned 47 yrs old.  I read the book cover to cover and decided that I needed to do something.  I started the journey on Feb 22 2012, day after my birthday.  At first I was very skeptical because I am also dealing with Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's Disease) and never thought I could have any results. But here I am in my 8th week and still hanging on.

This has been the best decision I have ever made in my life.  I feel stronger, healthier and happier than ever before.  I feel GREAT!  I am looking foward to completing this competition! 

My mental transformation is evident everyday and I see now that certain thought patterns were keeping me back. The mental transformation has trickled over to all other parts of my life. 

Words of wisdom that I tell myself every day are:

“Someday I will do it!” – it is self deceptive

“I want to do it!” –it  is weak

“I am doing it!” – it is the right way!  I AM DOING THE BODY FOR LIFE CHALLENGE!!!!! Finally! 

Getting healthy and being able to workout every day is an amazing privilege! 

• Keep it up!  I see a big difference in the lower half especially the waist & thigh areas which are the hardest on us ladies.  Did you measure too?  I have not lost a lot of wieght & I am in week 10.  My mother is actually has hyperthyroid disease (Graves) and it amazes me how one small organ can cause sooo much problems.

• oh Wwowwww!

Way to go! You are getting really great results!!

Have you stuck with the program 100%

Keep  it, truly inspiring!

• Thanks Tonja!  With Hashimoto's I have found out that best thing to do is follow a gluten free diet.  I haven't gone gluten free completely but will have to tweak my nutrition with gluten free foods. It shouldn't be too hard to follow the BFL nutritional approach.  I need to find out with EAS if their products are gluten free.

Thanks RockinRoe! I have to say that I have not follow the program 100%. I've had a hard time with the cardio but the last two weeks I have been incorporating PEAK 8 for cardio (20 minutes).  It is also a HIIT Program but I am also trying my best to follow the BFL interval training. Something definately happened.  

With nutrition, I did not follow 100% until two weeks ago. Let's just say that my free days were a little bit too free.  I felt awful the day after eating "dirty".  Now I am eating clean. Lot's of veggies and blueberries.  I feel amazing. I have also added supplements like Vitamin D3, Zinc, Magnesium/Calcium, Carnatine, CLA, L-Glutamine and I am also using MCT oil.

• Wow! There is definite progress. Abs, higher/firmer tooshie, lean back! This has to keep you motivated. I noticed that other folks saw the same results. Not much difference until after week 5-6. Stick with it!!!! It's working. You can't argue with that. Great work!

• You look wonderful - did you do special exercises for your glutes?  Wow!

Dee

• You are doing AMAZING!! I can see a big difference in your hips, back, shoulders... all over!! Keep up the excellent work, and stay optimistic!! Your username is reflected in your progress to date. You are an inspiration! Well done ^_^

"Eat clean, train mean, live lean!"

• Fantastic job! You're doing great.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Hi Dee,

For my glutes I did deadlifts, Squats (dumbbells), adductor and abductor (machine) and leg presses I also incorporated the Lowerback extension (machine).  I will be adding lunges to my workout - for some reason I have been a little apprehensive about doing these.  I must do them though.

Thanks for the encouragement!

• One more thing I forgot to share with you is that I've been doing Planks, front(60 seconds)  and sides (30 seconds) every other day. These exercises strengthen you core.

Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement! I am totally pumped!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

• Thanks, Optimist - I haven't been able to do squats yet - knees refuse...I kind of wondered about adductor and abductor - if anyone was using them.  Funny - I've been apprehensive about lunges too - but I think because of the knee thing.

Thank you for your help,

Dee

• Wow - I just started planks.  Do you do just one for 60 seconds. or do you relax and do another one?

Thanks again.

Dee

• You can definitely see the improvement. So encouraging to me as I have lots of weight to lose and toning to change, probably 3-4 challenges. I thought I couldn't see any improvement, but sure feel better.  Thanks for showing us your photos. Keep up the great work!

• WOW!!!!! Congrats!!! You are doing an AMAZING job! You can really see a difference in your upper body from the back side shots! You have completely inspired me! Keep up the great work!

• Dee,

At the present time I do my ab work as I normally hanging knee raises, floor crunches, floor obliques crunches then  finish off with planks.

We can ALL do this!!!!