Why am I gaining weight so fast?

• I have been weighing myself almost everyday. I am almost to the end of week 3 and I have gained 6 lbs. I started out at 119 and I am now at 125. It is scary because I don't know when it will stop! Is it possible to gain that much muscle that fast? I am fine with it if it is muscle but I don't want to end up chubby! I am not going to stop the program. Can someone give me some advice or helpful information?

• If you were dehydrated when you first started the program your body may be holding onto water.... being a woman, it could be your cycle... or if you were not eating as much as you should be before the program, your body may be storing food as fat (but it will quickly come off once it realizes you are eating regularly). I had that issue 5 years ago when I was recovering from an eating disorder. Hang in there, your body will work through it all. As long as you are feeling good, you are ok! Good luck!

• It's not just muscle, remember it's lean mass.  Check out Hussman Fitness on how he explains the BFL way and why it works.  I think it will give you an idea of the many things that are going on in your body.  Can you post what  a day in your nutrional program is like?  When you eat, what you eat, etc?

• To start off I am a vegan so I don't have a lot for protein choices. I don't want to consume too much soy so I called the helpline and they said that if I use a combination of beans and nuts throughout the day I would be fine. This is an example of what I eat and the times:

7:30 brown rice with tofu or vegan meat substitute and steamed veggies

9:30 - 10:00 nuts and a piece of fruit

12:00 - 12:30 baby spinach and various veggies salad with beans (sometimes I am starving at this point so I also have a couple Wasa light crackers and some homemade hummus with no oil)

3:00 protein shake

5:00 - 6:00 Smart and Delicious low carb tortilla with veggies and hummus or slivered nuts

7:00 - 8:30 (depending on what time I eat meat #5) another protein shake or an apple or banana with a little peanut butter

I keep track of what I eat every day and my calories are between 1400 and 1700.

Also my belly is starting to stick out a little bit. I don't know what is up with that. I did read a post that someone else put up with the same problem. There was a response that said that it may be that they are developing muscle under their fat layer which is pushing it out and eventually it would go away when they lost some fat. I don't know if that is the answer to my problem but it sounds reasonable even though I don't like the belly right now.

I guess I need some guidance or encouragement or something.

• Looking at what you have it does look its balanced.  My suggestions unfortunately wouldn't help you, because they are animal products and that would not be in your nutritional program.  I would suggest for your 930 meal make sure its something with fiber like an apple or have oatmeal and nuts.  The fiber will help you feel full.

On another note I myself have had my belly grow slightly and return back down.  My ABS are much stronger now, but yes it will push out your fat temporarily.  Hang in there!

• Ok! thanks! I am just concerned because I gained the weight right away and now my belly is sticking out. I feel like I am going backwards. I am just frustrated.