YESSS! WEEK 8!!!

• I don't know if you all remember my depressed post last week about how i felt like quitting, and i didn't see any change at all regardless at how hard i pushed myself. Well.. Week 8 is here and guess what?! I see a hugeeeee diffrence! I finally see that my arms look tighter, my stomach is smaller, my legs are tighters. I look way better than i did last week and i feel great! I kept getting compliments at school, and some girl even poked my arm and said "Damn, that's all muscle." (It's not really, but i'm glad she thinks so!)

Today i had the most amazing day! It was the last day of finals (which i aced). I am officially on vacation, and now its time to spend my few weeks off pushing myself harder at the gym. I kept getting compliments at school. Alot of people noticed that i lost weight, and they said i looked like i had more curves. Hehe.

It was brutal at the gym today. I had to make up for missing my workout yesterday. I took yesterday off to finish my research paper that i had to hand in today. That means, I had to do my upper-body workout and my 20min HIIT today. If you are curious, my upper body today was the following:

Warm up
    Lat pulls sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 and a super set of 12 latpulls and 12 seated rows
    Machine Bench Press ( I don’t have a spot :c) 12, 10, 8, 6, ss12 and 12
    Shoulder Press 12, 10, 8, 6, ss12,12
    Hammer curls 12, 10, 8, 6 ss 12, 12
    Assisted Dips 12, 10, 8, 6 ss 12, 12

20MIN HIIT CARDIO

It seems that this week i’m way stronger than i was last week. I was so surprised when i was able to push further and heavier than i did last week. I was able to do a full set of 6 reps of 15lbs, when last week i couldn’t even do 3! However, it is harder to do hammer curls now with heavier weights on my left arm :c Maybe i should change the type of curls that i do? I know that tomorrow i’m going to be sore. I’m so excited! I didn’t have much energy left for the cardio. The StairMaster kicked my ass! I pushed myself until about 12 minutes on it and then i switched to elliptical, and finished up there. Woo! I definitely hit a new high point. It was hard enough to walk home, but when i got to my building i took the stairs instead of the Elevator (they finally fixed it). I dragged myself up 6 flights of stairs! Damn. I’m beat, but i feel like a million bucks!

I also just recently realized that i don’t have to talk myself into going into the gym anymore. I don’t even think about it twice. It’s now a habit! WOO! Now if only i can get my diet to become a habit. Hmph! Anyway, i'm so so glad you guys were there for me to push me into staying and working harder. It really has payed off! I'm like 10 x more motivated than i was before! Finally! Well, I’m off to make myself a protein shake, and hit the shower.

I’m proud of myself. GO ME!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

• Mari,

Great job, you're an inspiration since I'm on week seven, and from reading and feeling what other's have gone through, I guess we can label it the "7th week blues"  I feel tired somewhat, but at the same time I can see some changes in me and my mental attitude is starting to shift.

It's like two sides are battling, one saying are you sure you can do this, and then other saying....go go go 4 weeks I'm almost there!

So thanks for the post, I'm one click behind ya and it's inspiring!

C1W7D43 ~Marqui

• Mari ~

Music to my ears! So excited for you! Now, imagine how you feel today...close your eyes...now imagine that you will feel 1000 times better at week 12!!!! Woot! Woot! Lift heavy!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Thanks Renee!  I am going to use this feeling as motivation to push harder.

Marqui, week 6 and 7 were like hell for me. I was tired, i couldn't stop cheating here and there, but this week has been amazing. Just keep giving it your all, and you'll be so glad you did! You can get over this!

• Mari it's an awesome feeling reading your post!  You are doing an outstanding job.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Yay Mari!  So happy for you.  Reading your post was very motivational  :-D

• Very inspiring, thank you!!

~Let every opposition strengthen you, not stop you~

• Yay!  Congrats and thanks for the inspiration.  I'm near the end of Week 6 and looking forward to the Miracle Week.  It's great to hear about yours. :)

runninggrl :)

• Mari, That's SUPER news!! Yes, I remember your post and I'm so HAPPY you got past that little speed bump! Glad you are in high gear, lady cause the finish line is dead ahead! Kick it hard and enjoy the ride! :)  YEA, MARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• You go girl....keep it up!!!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• That is awesome!! You can do this!

I can't wait until my week 8!!

Stacy Lynn