Brez, I did the challenge 10 yrs ago and there were things I wish I would have done a little differently.  Meausrements being one of them.  I'm 5'11" so we were defintely in a similar situation, thanks again for the motivation.  I really had changed my way of thinking back then and to me it helps to type my thoughts, so I think the journal/ blog helps keep me focused and accountable.  Maybe it will benefit someone some day.  When I have those rough days, I go back to read my post and thoughts.

Body image... oh ya, that lol... I saw what I wanted to see, which apparently was a lie.  You know what's pitiful?  I didn't realize how big I had gotten.  I at first thought my wife shrunk my shirts lol...

Reality hit when I asked her to take my week 4 pictures that I realized that even though I had lost some good weight and inches, I still looked like I thought I did.  I've done some serious soul searching and thinking over the last few weeks and am realizing more and more that I HAVE to do this.  My family is so important to me and I need to make sure I am here for them.  I didn't realize how bad I was... I mean, I haven't been to the doctor in almost 2 yrs, because the last time I was there for a sinus infection, he told me that I should have a blood analysis.  It ended up showing me border line diabetic, on verge of cholesterol out of control, blood pressure a little high.  He asked if I ate cheese at the time and I said yes, and he basically told me he wanted to put me on some pills.  I bought myself some time by saying, can you give me some time to do this on my own working out and eating right, and he said yes.  That was the last he saw of me... and i can probably say, I was in worse shape when I started this on 11/14/11, but knew how to do this.  I do need to make an appt with him very soon.