Just over 11 Months and still going strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

Hello All,

I just noticed that someone was kind enough to bump my last post up and I wanted to say thank you!!!..  So I thought I would post my before and most recent after picture.  The New Year is almost here and I know there are a lot of people out there that are getting ready for the best year of their lives by achieving their best bodies ever, and to be healhier then they ever have before.  Please note that I started back in January and made up my mind then that this is a lifestyle for me now.  I wasnt just getting ready for summer, or was I hoping to get in the best shape of my life in 12 weeks.  I have a long way to go, but I have come so far especially on the inside.  I am so confident and feel better now then I did 20 yrs ago. 

Body for Life has taught me so much.  I have incorporated and soaked in a lot more information along the way but I still use the Body for Life meathods in some form with my nutrition, cardio, and lifting. 

Everyone, and I mean everyone can have the body they want and deserve.   All you need to do is stay focused, stay patient, and never give up.  More importantly believe in yourself.

Have a great 2012 everyone, and the best of luck.

Brent.

• Dang.....you're killing it man!!!  I bumped you because of how impressed I was that you stuck with the program despite some adversity, that type of stuff makes other people quit but you kept at it.  You don't even look like the same person, seriously....

Good for you, you look amazing!

Brez

• Wow!  You're an inspiration man.  I'm going to look for your other thread and read it through. It did take me a couple of seconds to figure out how you swapped your tatoo from one arm to the other though....doh!  lol!

Seriously Brent, you need to preach your story to as many people as you can because your journey is epic.  Well done!

One issue that concerns me is reading the stories of people who have revisited BFL after succesful transformations, but who have slipped back into their old body shapes, I'm thinking seriously how I can anchor this transformation and make it part of my lifestyle moving forward.

I'd be really keen to learn from you (and others) about how they continue to motivate and maintain their physique...buying and running a gym seems to be one that works :)

kia kaha

Mal (NZ)

• WOW......what an incredible change. I don't know you at all but I am so proud of you for your hard work and dedication. You have inspired me today to keep going strong!!!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Brez,

Thank you for the compliment.. It's been a ton of work, but I wouldn't trade this for the world.. I have come a long way, but I have a long way to go.. I can't wait.. :)

Nzmal,

To answer your question regarding people who may have slipped back into their old way.  I am guilty on a couple occasions of this.  Why it's different this time for me is because I have made this a lifestyle change now.  A healthy lifestyle is how I live.  Exercise, eating right, and my son all come first in my daily schedule.  Everything else follows.  We all have 24 hrs in a day.. It's how u use those hrs that makes you different from the rest.  Thank you so much for the comiments..

Fitforlife,

Thank you for the compliment.  Keep going strong!!!!

• We are about to finish up our first 12 weeks, and we, too, feel like we could do this forever. Great to see your pics, and read about the changes and challenges. Keep it up, and keep us posted. We are rearranging to keep the exercise routines in our days, and we discuss diet and exercise whenever we talk about doing anything else (planning trips, etc.).  Take care!

• Right  - it becomes a lifestyle that's just too good to give up.  I'm at over 2.5 years doing BFL, and day 1001 is rapidly approaching!  It is so encouraging to see people making great progress - every weekend I see a lot of the same people at my local fitness center and they're not making much of any kind of progress.

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Just curious Jacium....Can you ever say something nice without belittling others?  Every time I read something you have posted.  There is ALWAYS that negative feel or comment.  Lighten up and give encouragement!!!  DON'T BE SO FREAKIN RUDE!!

• Thanks, Malena, for setting me straight.  I'll try to tone things down and focus on true reciprocation, as Bill defined it.  I was trying to express my positive feelings for the challengers I see here, and how well they do as compared to others who don't do BFL.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Wow Brent!!  I am totally flabbergasted!  WTG on your healthy lifestyle and commitment to your workouts and clean eating.  I am sure you will continue to motivate many others out there.

And, for the record....Jacium, I have never known you to come across as condescending, belittling or anything other than positive, uplifting and encouraging to others along their journeys.  I couldn't agree with you more.  I have been working out my entire adult life, and there are many (most) who just go through the motions and don't really push themselves to reach their full potential.  If many of those people knew what we do and worked as hard as many of us do on this forum, they too, could benefit from all the wonderful aspects from this lifestyle.  Please continue doing what you are doing and stay focused and positive.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• BDMom,

Wow, it's great to hear from you.. Thank you so much for the compliment.. Not sure if you remember me, but I was part of a forum we had at the beginning of the year.. I miss a lot of you from that forum.. I would get on and check every now and again to see how you all were doing..

I just wanted to say I have expanded my routines and the way I train since I started the BFL program, but I still use and always will use the same principals... I have learned one thing along the way... You sure do get out what you put in.. That goes for both in and out of the gym.. I have come a long way for sure, but to transform from the inside out, and to be able to inspire so many people around you along the way is reward enough for me.. No, I didn't do this in just 12 weeks, but almost a yr later I feel like my life is just beginning..

Hope all is well with you, and a very Happy Holidays to you and your family..

Brent.

• Jacium,

I also wanted to mention that I in know way took your reply as offensive.  I understand that you were trying to say that you get what u put into your training, and that some people have been coming in to the gym for yrs and are at the same spot they were when they started.. Then u see people on here that have never touched a weight make some amazing transformations..

It's all about effort and educating yourself along the way.. That's why we have each other on here..

• Brent,

Keep up that great approach!  Adopting this lifestyle did require us to learn so much, some of it on our own and some of it with the solid help and support given at this website.  I opened my journal from my first challenge a few weeks ago, and was surprised to find I mentioned seemingly small victories, like "remembered to drink 10 glasses of water today".  

BDMom,

Your attitude is truly the type we all should adopt.  Insightful as much as it is purposeful.  Those of us who gave no quarter in our challenges came to realize the most benefit.  I see in you the humble confidence that sustains all of us, and when I read your posts I am constantly awed by your knowledge and dedication.

I would post more often, but time is tight - in fact, it's time I changed for tonight's UB workout! Yours in BFL, Jacium

Jacium

• Brent:  You may be talking about the BFL Warrior thread.  We are still there, and many of us are at difference phases and stages.  Some still do BFL style workouts and many do other types (kettlebell, bootcamps, insanity, P90x.....we have a good mix of workouts.  You should come back by and check in.  Many of us are starting a new challenge next week & the week after (wanna join?).  We mostly hold one another accountable and encourage one another to push harder.  Best wishes to you, my friend.

Jacium:  Thank you for your kind words.  I try to practice what I preach.  It is all about the Golden rule, and paying it forward.  Time???  What is that?  I think I was busy enough with the kids' schedules, and then I had to go and start school again myself, after being out of it for over 20 years.  It keeps me on my toes and keeps my mind healthy.  I hope you and your family have a beautiful holiday season!  God Bless you!  I would like to invite you to join us on the BFL Warrior thread any time, any day as well.  The more the merrier!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Jacium,

I have never posted but feel the need to do so now.  I have never found you to be anything but encouraging, thoughtful and respectful in your posts and comments.  I am always amazed that you take the time to help and encourage many(some who are quietly in the background) of us in our journey.  I appreciate your insight and knowlege and encourage you to continue to share!