The Benefits Of......

• ...switching cardio and resistance days.  What are they?

• What do you mean by switching?  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Every week my cardio is Sunday, Tuesday, Friday with resistance on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

What are the added benefits of changing the routine so that resistance falls on current cardio days and cardio falls on current resistance days?

• I don't believe there is one bit of difference so long as you get all six of the workouts done.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Ahh okay.  I was always under the impression there were benefits, no matter how slight.  Regardless, it's probably more beneficial to change up exercises routinely anyways.

This is the point I am at, trying to incorporate changes for such benefits.  Does it really matter how you do your cardio?  meaning, am I going to experience noticeable benefits from switching to the elliptical from the treadmill?

• Your body will "peak" and you will not gain as many benefits as you would if you switched, like did the treadmill one week, elliptical the next, then treadmill again (if it's your favorite), and then a stationary bike the next, etc. You will get more benefits that way.

-K

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall