Why is it getting so much harder?!

• What is the Ladies Success Document?  I definitely come to this forum when I'm having a weak moment or start to feel like I'm not getting anywhere.  I'd like to read that.

I've never made it past Week 4 of a challenge, but I am almost there this time (W3D6) and I'm feeling much stronger and much more resolved to keep going.  To me, that IS the challenge...to keep going.  I can eat the food, I can do the workouts, I can drink the water...I could write a book on fitness.  To keep it going and to live it out instead of just talking and reading about it is the obstacle that I am determined to overcome.  Staying in touch with positive thinkers who have stuck it out is the difference for me this time.

I have decided that if I keep doing BFL by the book, every day (except 1!) for every week of the 12 weeks, and I don't see a change in my body......THEN and only then will I be able to say that it did not work.  Giving up prior is giving up on yourself, not on BFL.  There is no instant gratification here.  Besides, I don't know about you, but instant gratification is what got me fat in the first place.    

Regarding the previous post, and people bringing you treats......My mother showed up at my house yesterday with a big 2 liter  of Coca Cola Classic.....my favorite and quite possibly the reason I've lost 9 lbs already (stopped drinking the COKE!).  I don't know why she feels the need to try to sabotage my efforts.  I have realized now that whatever the problem is there, it is her problem and not mine.  I watched everyone drink some, then waited until she left and poured the rest down the sink.   I haven't come this far to let her ruin it for me!  

Don't give up!  Read the paper towel roll theory someone posted on the newbies post.....I think of that when I feel frustrated that things are moving slowly.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

• CC-Go to mikeharris.org  and you will find it there! I have it printed off and reread it for extra motivation. Mike has tons of blogs on there that can help you out!!

Best wishes! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Here's the link to the Ladies Success Journal.   It will motivate you to finish.  The website version is tough to read but if you "contact" Mike Harris, he will send you a pdf version. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Excellent post CC.  The ladies success document can be found at www.mikeharris.org.

Congratulations on your resolve and your realizations!  My garbage disposal is my best friend after family meals.  I eat according to BFL and I do believe that after my son goes off to college my husband will be more likely to join me on eating what I eat or he'll be eating Stouffer's.

Mari do this for yourself, not because anyone else is pressuring you.  You can do it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Mari,

As a BFL veteran, I wold like to share what I feel is one of the most important things to remember and that is that success in achieving your goals involves exercising a "diet of the mind".  This simply means that you have to deprive your mind of the negative thoughts and impulses that are just waiting for you to accept.  Its OK to admit that you have these thoughts but its not acceptable to let them control you.  I for one beleive the strongest thing you will ever develop in BFL is not your physical body but your mental strength.  This strength comes from developing the will power to "say no"  to mental temptations to eat improperly, skip work outs, or accept negative thinking.

One other thing, John Hussman makes a good comment that bear repeating, "they have not repealed the laws of thermodynamics".  Thankfully, he is correct.  Energy can neither be created or destroyed but only transformed.  How does this apply to you and me?  Well, if you take in less calories than you expend, you will tansform your body either in weight loss or muscle gain.  Review your coloric intake, make sure you work hard on cardio and weight training.  If you do these three things you will be a champion.