Am I slipping?

• I never cheat on the BFL diet. Not so much as a bite here and there, but these past couple of days I have been taking some bites and making "not wise" decisions. I have a BFL success journal and lately have not been very motivated to keep writing and planning in it.... I still do, but I am lacking the motivation. I know I lose my excitement over new things after the second or third week and am terrified this will happen to the BFL program.

Does anyone feel this? What can I do to get totally motivated again? 
    I don't even want to read success stories anymore.

HELP!! 

Stacy Lynn

• How far into the challenge are you?

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Ending my 4th week

Stacy Lynn

• You already know the answer to your question Stacy.  You have slipped.  Mark it down to experience, remember how you feel about it and get back on track.  Plan your meals and eat every 2-3 hours.  I am using the journal as well.  It is a great tool if you use it.  Open it every morning and write your meals, check them off as you go.  I find it has helped to cook and package a bunch of meals at one time.  Today is my free day and I am cooking for next week.  

If you haven't removed the tempting items from your home already, do it now.  

You have to decide what your true goals are.  Do you want to be healthier?  Do you want to look more fit, lose fat and build muscle?  My friend it is not easy to break those old habits, but every day that you stay on track is one day closer to your goals.

How are you doing with your exercise?  Have you been hitting your "10s?"  Your body is loving you if you have.

Congratulations on making it this far, please stick with it for your sake alone.  Hop back into it from right where you are.

• You are not alone.

Sorry no magic pill or words of advice, I'm feeling my way thru it too. Take 10 minutes every night before bed to plan the next day?

Don't let the slip turn into a fall! Move forward or move back, all up to you.

--- Kitty

• My motivation is my dreams, goals, reasons and new patterns......I am on day 81.  To get there I had to  do it.....One day at a time....sometimes one hour at a time.....sometimes one minute at a time.  Progress not perfection is a mantra that I focus on.  One of the things that helps me on a daily basis is to read my DREAM page, my 12 WEEK GOALS, REASONS and most importantly the Transforming Patterns of Action.  Those are my thoughts, my dreams, my goals, my wants, my desires, my present and my future.  So I really don't have 81 days, I have this moment.  When I see my thinking going to the old me, I actually forgetting what my priorities are or were.  So I read my new way of thinking, my new me on those pages, I get my thinking straight and then do it.  The commitment I made to my self is that no matter what happens in my life positive or negative, good or bad, etc...etc....I will and I can do this "one day at a time".  I am ready for a change.  If I want to change some things in my life then I need to change some things in my life.  I've heard others say that Insanity is Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  I'm trusting Bill Phillips way of exercising, eating and thinking.  I tell everyone who is interested so I have accountability.  For example I'm traveling with work and I ordered a meal to go tonight.  The bartender/waitress asked me what I wanted.  I said I wanted to eat healthy.  That started a conversation about being fit.  I mentioned I was tired from a long day.  I got up to do my cardio workout. and the conversation went on from there.  I ordered tuna and steamed brocolli, and I feel great for doing it.  I look for ways to share my goals with people.  It helps me help me and it helps me help others.  On the bottom of the back page of the success journal there is a quote.......THOUSANDS HAVE ALREADY SUCCEEDED---NOW ITS YOUR TURN.  I believe that.  I really do.  My experience has shown me that no matter how I struggle before I plan and write my mindset, exercise and nutrition I feel better once I do.......then, when I take the action to do it, I feel absolutely fantastic.  One of my new transforming patterns is to "Plan , Act, and Witness My Own Exercising vs witnessing others doing it.  The last thing I'll say is if you're ready to do one decision at a time - do it.  If you're not, then don't.  No need to feel guilt either way.  It's a choice. It's late and I need to rest for my LBWO in the morning.  Peace to you!!

• Great post northern IL Russ.

• Stacy-

Sometimes you have to just step back and say, am I worth it?  Is this all worth it?  And I hope your answer is yes.  Because you are worth it.  And anything you have to work for is soooo much sweeter than something given to you.  

I am ending my week 3 and have been feeling discouraged about only losing 3 pounds.  I have totally changed my eating habits and been working my ass off!!!  But this morning I woke up with a vision in my head of me with a great stomach, flat and you could start to see the muscle under the skin.  Although it was just a vision, it is what I am holding on to.  I have a few more challenges ahead of me, but now I have a vision to drive me.

FInd your vision, hold on to it, and know you are worth it!  Your goal may not be to have ripped abs, but just feeling better and the sense of accomplishment is all worth it.  BEST OF LUCK!!  Don't quit now!!

-Rebekah

• Sounds like you are so into it, you burned yourself out.  You put 1000% up front and now are exhausted. Maybe you spent hours reading success stories or maybe you planned too much.  Sounds like you should relax and pace yourself.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  Just make it a routine you have and maybe don't focus so hard.  That doesn't mean follow the program any less, it just means don't spend a lot of time thinking about this program.  You still need to have a life outside of working out and eating healthy.  

• Stacy your doing great!! Keep it up!

I think I have A.D.D., I get excited and jump in and do something all out and then I get bored. Here are a couple ideas to keep that interest and excitement... Set a new higher challenge like I am going to do BFL everday and tell 3 people everyweek about BFL. That helps keeps you focused and it also sets you up as an example so you wont want to fail because now others are looking up to you. Maybe a new goal is to get your workouts done in the morning first thing so you have all day to prepare for the next day. There is always something you can add to get new excitement in this challenge.

Also look back to your reason for starting BFL, your emotional trigger. When I get burned out I open my workout binder and there I have my emotional trigger taped on a piece of paper and I also have my before picture, after picture and a picture of a body I want to have with my face pasted on it. That gives me that extra boost to re-energize and get out of my funk.

Also journal everyday!! It makes you accountable to yourself and you are the most important person you can impress by completing this challenge!

Take care and I hope you can find that excitement to keep on going full steam!

Greg

• Hey there you;

ISOLATE ISOLATE ISOLATE. You are doing a great job dear and the payoff will be fabulous. Keep at it - you know you can do it. You have come this far and you can do it again. ACT YOUR WAY TO BETTER THINKING. One day at a time will get you to the finish before you know it.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON - LIESL

• c1w4d5

I, too, am feeling this way. I have been at this for a month now, and I see very little difference still sore all the time, tired all the time. I feel like I haven't "earned" my free day coming up bc I haven't lost any weight and I see only very very small differences. I guess though, since I wasn't overweight and somewhat fit to begin with, it will take longer for my results.

Maybe this is the same case with you. I'm sure that it will turn out for all of us who are doubting/slipping.

BTW, you don't have to read success stories, just look at the before/after pics! That works for me!

Keep up the hard work....

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• OOOHHH Girl, I felt (notice the tense of the verb) the same way when I was there. I'm on week 6 now and let me tell you - it will pass! You just have to stop trippin over every little thing you do wrong and just keep moving forward!

I have not "seen" the results yet, but I "feel" the results! I feel great, I can breath easier, i eat healthier - everything! On the cheating: have you noticed that the cheat food is not as good as you remember?!

• I certainly have. On my free days, I have my pancakes and latte for breakfast and after that I just say to myself, "Geez, I was sweating the whole week over that??!" I mean, it's good, but it's not so good that it is what my whole week should be focused around, you know?

Thanks for the tip. I look forward to the coming weeks. I might be a little discouraged but I am still just as determined to finish this!

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Thanks....I read your bio, its good to hear you are on your 3rd time.  Great job!!   I will complete my first tomorrow am, day 83!!   I'm excited to get to the end.  Do people take time off or just keep going?  What's recommmended?