Starting August 8th, BFLUNWFASC, Please Join Me

• hey all!  hope all you that started are stil with us.  (I know it 's only beena  week.)

Due to a funeral last week, I stilll got 2 weight workouts, 2 HIIT cardios, and 2 medium intense cardios.  Still 6 workouts.

• Week TWO!

Woo Hoo!

• Morning Bryan~ That was some video you have on youtube ,  Liked it very much, you sure know how to inspire people to get there best on!!!Good luck, you got this man, or should I say We got this,  Love your goals... =)

• ONE WEEK DOWN, A LIFETIME TO GO!

AnneB - Thank. I just wanted to do something more than pictures since I feel that this Challenge is THE ONE

Yesterday I finished the UNT Touchdown 5K in 26:42 beating my PR by 55 seconds. Mile 1 8:57, Mile 2 9:48, Last 1.1 mi 8:03, Avg pace 8:36 and 10th Men 25-29

I am super excited and had no plan to set any records due to the hear. I just found two people to race and pace and pushed hard the last third of the race. Tuesday is the first run of my training plan. I am going to visit my grandmother in Galveston so I get to do my first long run on the Seawall.

I had a great workout this morning. The free weight benches were both taken so I went over to the bench press for my barbell supersets. I was able to lift 10 pounds more than last week on sets 1-3 and 20 pounds more on set 4. I didn't bring last weeks workout log so I ended up doing 5 pounds less on Cable V-bar curls. Total Volume 23,960 and last week 23,400 2.4% increase overall.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• One week down! I'm still hanging in there, my free day was a little TOO free, but I'm back on track and looking forward to the week. I just have to remember free days do not have to mean the entire day from waking until sleeping, every thing in moderation. My goal for this week is to do better this free day.

Getting all my workouts in and then some. Looking forward to HIIT tonight and boxing.

• Hey all, I'm thinking about starting over. I missed 3 out of six workouts and a bunch of meals. Did not really eat bad just didn't eat (which is bad). I need to figure a schedule out to get through a second challenge. Working 2 jobs plus everything that needs to be done in a home of a family 5 has left me totally exhausted. I'm only getting 4 hours of sleep per night MAX. There's just not enough hours in a day  for me to get 8 hours. I might be able to pull off 5 and half hours but it would prob not be consistent. Does anyone have suggestions for a hectic schedule?

• natbloom - Free days used to get the best of me too. Sometimes I would be up past midnight on a Saturday night and let it start then. Now to me freeday is more like refuel day. I eat authorized foods but do not practice portion control. I might eat some fattier meats in one meal.

52squared - Here is what I think about restarting: I wrote this a while back a start a forum on it.

bodyforlife.com/.../46057.aspx

"I was just walking up the steps to my office and I kinda tripped a little and an analogy just came to me. Imagine a BFL challenge as a flight of stairs. Each step represents 1 day of the challenge. There are 84 steps to the top. If you stumble or trip a step or two on a staircase you wouldn't go back to the bottom and start back up the stairs again? So why do some of us restart a challenge when we mess up a few days and fall down or lose focus? Just pick yourself up and keep moving upwards till you reach the top."

Restarting can become a bad habit just like missing workouts and missing meals. The challenge is a learning process and you grow and improve as you progress thru it. "Progress not perfection"

This morning was my first training run I was so excited I woke up at 2am and again at 4:30am and I did not even have to snooze my alarm. I got to use my new shoes for the first time. 3.05mi in 30:19 (9:56 pace). I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS watch and it comes in the mail today. I got to work early today!

www.mapmyrun.com/.../61837164

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

• Bryan, I've read that on here before and I agree. If it was 2 or 3 weeks into the challenge i would not restart, but it seems that I have not even started this challenge yet. My biggest hurdle is scheduling, do you think I should try to hammer that out during the challenge? or figure it out THEN start the challenge? I'm open to any ideas right now.

Thanks

• Just think of the first week as On the Job Training. What is your schedule like? I have to be at work at 7am and I have an hour commute. My gym opens at 5am so I have have between 5-6am to workout and get ready for work. I work till 530 and usually get home from work around 630-7pm and I have to be in bed by 9pm so I can wake up at 5am. I make a protein shake at home with my blender before work and I keep food stocked at work for meals 2-5, usually stuff I cook at home on Sunday or something simple like canned tuna and apples. I usually eat light on carbs when I get home for meal 6.

• Bryan~ I can see your going to be the best person you can on this challange, I know you are going to be great and get r done,

I have 2.5 liters in the tank,and now I need one more liter. for my water for today,.

• Bryan, I also have to be to work at 7am with an hour commute. I get home around 5pm, make dinner talk to my wife and kids over dinner, do any household chores that need done (trash, mowing etc.), then its down to the basement for my 2nd job, (I started my own screen printing business). Try to be in the shower at midnight so i can be up at 515 in the morning. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try to devote an hour (like 7-8pm) that's for exercise time, then go down and work until 11pm and what gets done gets done.

• I woke up on time again today and was ready and out the door in no time. I got to my driveway and pushed the power button so I could connect my watch to satelites but nothing happened. I went back inside and put it on the charger and nothing happened. I woke up Ellen and let her play with it while I googled searched for a soltiuon. Luckily the first results gave me a solution and it turned on and I was out the door running late, literally. I ended up with 2.22mi in 20:35 and when I heard Travelling Without Moving by Jamiroquai I pushed harder. I like seeking my current pace and feel this will help me push myself. connect.garmin.com/.../107215129

52squared - Busy life! I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Sleeping is when the muscles recover and grow. You can do this! It will just be a trail and error until you get into a routine and evaluate priorities.

• Training day 3: I did not jump out of bed without snoozing like the last two days. I got up had some water and was out the door. I decided to run the same route as Monday to see if I could beat my time since they are both 3mi days. I ended up shaving 38 seconds off with 3.06mi in 29:41. I read it is good to train at 85% of your race pace and this was 87% of my 5K on Sunday.

I am heading to Galveston to visit my grandmother this weekend. Going to rollerblade for my cross training on Saturday and run 4mi on Sunday.

connect.garmin.com/.../107451759

Quote of the Day: "There are two fatal errors that keep great projects from coming to life; not finishing, and not starting."

• hey guys! sorry i have not checked in but I am still with you guys. I even took my before pics in a bikini (cringe!). I am reading your posts and hope to write more as my time frees up. Keep it up everyone!

• Bryan~ Thats great stuff you are doing, and now rollerblading, Wow I can see you in my mind , you are going to get what you want out of life,  look at you go. Your motivation to get it done. Great for you...Your going for it all, Love it. =)