Week 7 frustration

• Not to sound like a broken record for some but I am dealing with the week 7 lack of motivation/frustration...Yesterday was the first day I didn't do my cardio...I wanted to throw in the towel and inhall a burrito from chipotle but I didn't. But I still need to find the motivation to go and complete my upper body workout today. Seems if I can't get the day just perfect I throw in the towel for the rest of the day. I am trying to break that habit.  I have been reading other posts of women feeling the same way and it was encouraging to hear them being told to stick it out. I don't want to bail...I once read you have either the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. I don't want to regret...as in the past it has gotten me no where. Sorry for my venting...just wanted to get it off my chest. Thanks!

• If you bail, you will always wonder what if...  Stick it out, commit to yourself to get through these tough weeks.  Be sure you are eating the correct portion of carbs with your meals.  I've noticed a lot of posts lately where people are eating meat and veggies.  Carbs are needed to support these difficult workouts long term.   Also make sure you are getting enough water.  And remember "if it were easy, everyone would do it".

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Oh and one other huge motivator is the Body of Work DVD set that you can get for 10 bucks at the www.abbott.com  It's a four dvd set that shows the original champions and two other cds with success stories, very motivating!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Sksanche: your post is heard many times...there is something about week 6 - 8 that has many people doubting their worth. Perhaps it is just knowing that you are over the hill and on the downward slope to the end of 12 weeks. I dont know...but I felt it too. Many people quit at this time, and it frustrates me because FROM THIS WEEK FORWARD CHANGES WILL BE NOTICED almost daily! Pay attention to yourself in the mirror when you lift, notice the weight you are lifting, notice the soreness or lack of the next day (esp if taking fish oil)...the body is made up os so many teeny miracles that should be appreciated.

Be Amazing....Be Amazed

Cathie on T.Com

• Speaking from personal quitting experience.....

DONT DO IT

Got to week 8 an thought I'd never see any changes if I hadn't seen them already.  One missed w/o turned to 2.  I thought.. I can catch up... then 3 missed...Before I knew it I lost an  entire week, then 2!  

Miserery loves company.  Feelings of frustration grows more frustration...What you think about is what you will bring about... cruise here @ GB this is loaded with inspiration...don't get caught in stinkin thinkin....Nobody can do it FOR you, wouldn't it be lovely if it were that easy!. Listen to the peeps that have COMPLETED 12 weeks, then another, then another!  

• thank you so much for everyone's feedback. Keep em coming if anyone has anything else to say. So motivating. I will continue to push through cause if anything I don't want to regret or wonder "what if"... Thank you so much!

• This is a post from BFLMike that I saved and it has "saved" me a few times. It may be something you  have read before, and you may want to scroll past, but I think it is worth the read over and over when you feel blue.

About weeks 5 to 8, somewhere in there, you will encounter the "what the heck" syndrome. How you deal with it will determine the course and outcome of the rest of your challenge. Here’s how it works. You’ve seen good results to this point, maybe nothing spectacular, but your clothes fit looser, people have noticed, you feel stronger and lift more, and your diet has been pretty much by the book. You’re feeling confident and more. Then, here it comes: "Honey, you’re looking great, and that big wedding reception is coming up next week. Would you do me a big favor and just try to eat and act normally while we’re there? You deserve a little break–you’ve worked so hard!" A smile, and a "pretty please" squeeze and he or she walks away.

You bite. At the wedding reception, it’s cake and ice cream, a few beers, a couple of handfuls of nuts, and so on. What the heck–you’ll burn it off in the early morning cardio. And you hit the cardio hard. But you hit free day which comes up very quickly even harder. Sleeping in after free day felt pretty good, and you’ll be back on that routine before they know it. This begins a spin from which some never recover.

Well, this is just an example, and the what the heck syndrome can take many other forms. A very sad event that just begs you to eat and drink over it. A really joyous event that just has to be celebrated. So, what’s wrong with that? Can’t I enjoy life, you say? WELL, my question to you is, "What does risking all the work you’ve done so far, in exchange for some really unhealthy eating actually have to do with the enjoyment of life?? If this is how the rest of your life after your challenge is going to be, you don’t stand the proverbial snowball’s chance in Hell of keeping your weight off and staying conditioned.

The appropriate response to the "what the heck" opportunity is simple. Act like you’re enjoying yourself, and you no doubt will. If you can’t handle the peer pressure, grab a glass of diet soda, put a few little food treats on a plate and walk around talking to folks. Mess up the treats, and then at the first opportunity put the plate down, or hand it to a waiter, and walk away. You’ll feel better, and really, no one who matters to you will ever notice the difference. You will, though, because you won’t be waking up the next morning feeling like a bird slept in your mouth!

Having fun and acting normal at foodfests, without becoming a victim of the gluttony, takes practice but can be done! If you don’t master this, even if your challenge goes smoothly, the rest of your life is going to be a bumpy road! When I was first learning how to be a recovering alcoholic, I worried to death about how to decline a drink when offered one. My sponsor told me to simply say, "No thanks, I’ve had plenty!" And it was certainly no lie either. It worked. The only people who still tried to push drinks on me were people who needed the program I had just been in. It’s no different with food. The ones trying to get you to stuff yourself are doing it due to their own issues, not yours!

• What a fabulous post Legs. Really appreciate it!

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• think of all the hard work you have done up to this point. do you really want to have to start at ground zero again? remember how good it has felt to grow strong muscles and nourish your body? think of each day as one day closer to you "perfect" body. when you feel ready to throw in the towel, snap yourself with it...lol, then set the timer for 20 min or 42 min and know that in 21 or 43 min you are a Hero for pushing through!

Squats

• katiebug (again, what a cutie patutie name!) BFLMike was around alot when I started in this fun 8  months ago. He knew just when to post something like this, and he wouldnt say who, but I would always feel it was to me. Sort of like church.....there are days when I feel it is ALL ABOUT ME and I am the only one that needs saving. lol. I know deep down it wasnt just for me, but the timing was always bang on.

ANYWAYS..... I am glad you like the post of his and it has meaning to you. No matter what you are feeling, have done, want to do, crave, or plan...someone has felt the same way and has some kind of support written up.

BFLMike is a hero of sorts. He isnt around much lately, and I miss that. But to me, he is sort of like an angel...he came when I needed him and left me stuff to remember and share.

I hope it helps you.

• Get back on the wagon.

This is an opportunity for you know why your going to just do it better.

Go grocery shopping for the week and plan your meals - go to the gym today, or tomorrow if it is to late to do it today.

Just get yourself there - show up - and remember why you are here with us, talking to us - your Body-for-Life family.

Your partners for a better you.

For a better me.

For us.

For your family.

For your life.

For a better life.

You can have this.

Start now.

Get out of this funk - and punch it to the next level!

Why?

Because you can!

We can!

Together!

Now!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry