is anything REALLY happening?

• firesong - I understand the concern when you see people posting about cardio. I used to try to answer every outstretched hand. You soon learn though, that those people that read the book dont question things like that. They commited to a plan and will do as the book says, believing it will work if they put in the effort.

Those people that try to tweak - they will burn themselves out in a few weeks, not see results and either come back and post all negative, simply disappear, or start new - as the book says.

I have seen a lot of people come and go. The ones that stick around have believed in the program, read the book - even more than once, and continue to stay uncomfortable in their workouts.

I was the aerobic queen, the Weight Watcher lifetime member, the cabbage soup girl, the bikeforanhourbefore work girl, the tennis for 2 hours every day girl, the starve yourself girl ... you name it. Body for Life is what worked for me as hard as it was to change my thinking and believe. :)

• Legs, I hear you.........completely.  

• Nebotti,

Thanks for the encouragement. On the treadmill  I did 6 kilometers per hour and I started to feel as if my feet are being ripped apart at the bones. I finished with (don't laugh) a sprint at 9 kilometers per hour. I am trying to build slowly and gradually. Two years ago I was heavier than I am now but I could do 11 kilometers an hour. Sometimes I don't know what the formula is. My level 10 seems to be regressing. When I first started I could do 9.5 kph, now I can do only 9 kph, or 9.1 maximum. My weight training is progressing forward steadily, but not the cardio. I will be taking a break from the treadmill this week to alternate between bike and rowing machine, then come back to treadmill and see if things get better.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• ruby - i think switching up from the running would be a good idea.  the treadmill can get REALLY monotonous and i know that especially when i first started running, some days i would go to the gym, get on the treadmill and feel dead tired not even a quarter of a mile in.  it made me feel like i was taking a million step backwards but in reality i was just feeling burned out so my mindset wasn't right.  plus, the fact that you're progressing with your weights is the BEST indicator to show how much progress you're making..because that means you're building MUSCLE and strength :)

• Nebotti,

Thank you so much for telling me this. Failing to reach anywhere near the numbers of last week on the treadmill made me feel like a complete loser. Good advice just in time :o) Tomorrow is my cardio day. I think i will stay off the treadmill for a week or two then go back to it after-wards and see what happens.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear