Help! I did something bad!

• I'm at work, I got alittle upset and headed for a pile of chocolates. I had a small easter egg chocolate thing and a c.chip cookie (also small) but now I feel even more upset! I tossed all of the goodies I saw lying around into the trash, but I'm thinking I'm still not as strong as I thought! 

What do I do?

Stacy Lynn

• Isolate it and move on.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Please tell me you have done this before in your first challenge!

Stacy Lynn

• I am almost positive that you are not alone in this sudden burst of indulgence. Before I got serious about actually completing the BFL challenge (ended April 4th) I did this several times and unfortunately it was these times that made me completely lose hope. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. CARRY ON!

So what!! You had a couple small things that are not good for you. The GOOD thing is that you recognized what you did and found a solution to the problem by removing all other temptations from your work space.

We all have setbacks along the way. The MOST IMPORTANT things to do are move forward, forget about it, DON'T beat yourself up over it, and become even that much more dedicated to yourself and your goals.

Good Luck!

• Another thing Stacy is to avoid the "all or nothing" approach for long term success.  

My most important realization was the one that if I ate something that I wasn't supposed to that doesn't mean the entire day is a wash.  

I recommend that you ask yourself what prompted it to happen so that you are more aware and prepared the next time around.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Stacy ~

Today for you sounds like my last free day. Innocent mistake turned into a tidal wave. I couldn't let go and I couldn't forgive myself. I continued to make one mistake after another. I felt the old weak me coming back. You have got to pick yourself up, shake it off, forgive yourself and move on. Pick out a new exercise. Establish a strong, lock tight meal plan for tomorrow. Recognize your accomplishments thus far. But, MOVE ON! We all have demons we must deal with. We never know when they are going to rear their ugly head. Be prepared. Face those fears head on!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• I don't think it's bad. It happens. You have the power to change in your next meal. One day at a time. One meal at a time. Also, we have to keep in mind 80/20. Do your best 80% of the time and you're good. We are not perfect and that type of expectation can lead us in a spinning spiral down low-self esteem land. I dunno know about you but that doesn't encourage movement. Be your own hero, pick up your sword and don't give up. You did something good by letting us in on what's perfectly normal and further making a decision to throw the other stuff away!!! Good for you. Thank you on behalf of all of us!

• Stacy,

I agree that it's not the end of the world.  As my wife has said a million times - isolate it.  It does however, make me a little nervous to read everyone (including myself) telling you that it's not a big deal.  There is a very fine line between getting where you want to be and failing.  Don't beat yourself up over this, but don't make a habit of it either.  Remember the feeling you had after eating your treats and commit to not letting it happen again.

You can do this!

Dave