THE LAST WEEK!!!!!

• I will do my last CARDIO, day 83 tomorrow AM.  So what are all of you saying?  I was thinking of being in the similiar pose  with the same swimsuit.  It sounds most of the comments I should cut the hair pump up, put some shiney Pam or something and shine - yahooo!!  I've talked to a few of you but I have not done much more on BFL.com.  What all should I do to register my data?  In the beginning I filled out the Success Journal and took pics, frt, back and both sides.  Should get cleaned up and do a little workout so I'm pumped up or take them in a normal state?  I wish there was a regional monthly gathering in IL so we could celebrate in person.

Also, I want to find out what others have done after they finish day 84.  Do you take time off or keep on going with the same approach?  Do the muscles get use to the same 4 or 5 exercises for the chest etc..?  Any feedback is welcomed.

I AM NO LONGER BLDG A BFL.....I AM A BFL!!

Thank you everyone!!  Can't wait to see how I feel after tomorrow.

I Love Cardio!!!

• PRACTICE POSING! I swear that was the hardest part. Yes spray Pam. Be careful because it can splotch. Back off your water a bit the day before and of photos. Practice your smile. Print another packet in color and practice on the one you started filling out. It's hard to get the entire essay handwritten on the space they provide. I didn't pump up for photos. You may want to.

Active rest is a whole nother ballgame. I gained a bunch during that week. I didn't drink enough water. I took too many priviliges in foods. I didn't do anything physical. Therefore, I failed. I got back on the wagon after a week. Still strugged a bit in my first week. Jacked with my head. Had 2 free days in a row that could feed a herd of elephants. Back in the game now and I feel much better. Honestly, I could have completely fallen off. That amount of sugar and lack of discipline sent me into a tailspin. Start establishing goals NOW. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Do not go out of this challenge without a plan. I urge you to establish that criteria. Once the packet is in the mail there is somewhat of a "What now" kind of thought process.

I am so excited for you! You are amazing to have completed this challenge on the road. Nice job!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Russ - I love your energy. Great work. I agree with Renee. I took my first AR of 2 weeks. (Active Rest, Active RECOVERY...whatever you want to call it) I actually lost a couple pounds during that time. I did very little as far as excercise. I walked the dogs - that was my biggy. I ate ok, drank water well but also indulged with food and wine. Going into 2, it too about 4 days to find my groove again, but once I got it, it was second nature. Having said that, challenge two was very hard mentally for me. I had to come to grips with "do I really want this to be for life" and I was all over the map. I made it through, but could have done better. My workouts were great, but I took more than my alloted free days. Challenge 3 is much better. I have my head with me most days. BFL is often the only constant for me as there is so much other "life" going on. I rely on it for sanity. It is a constant good in my day. BFL does not let me down, the rewards just keep coming.

Originally I had thought I would do this for 12 weeks and I would be good to go. But after the 12 weeks, I saw changes in my frame I liked and I wanted to see what another 12 weeks would do, then another - and yes I plan on C4. :) I am still eating the same amount that I was 8 months ago, and I am still pushing my limits with weights and cardio. No workout is easy. BFL is what I make of it. My body shows what I am putting into it.

I believe you should take AR - your body DOES need a rest. Then you can get back into another challenge with full power and energy. I also personally believe it a good idea to switch up excercises to keep the body guessing. Our bodies do get used to the same excercises quickly. Check out the May issue of FitnessRx for men - awesome articles on chest, abs, legs and shoulders. Also this website is amazing and there is no reason for not hitting 10's on any body part. www.bodybuilding.com/exercises

Enjoy sending in that essay - the final step to your success. Woo Hoo! Doesnt it feel great!

Congratulations on fulfilling a promise to yourself.

• Faithful Renee and Legs C3 -

Thaks for the congratulations and the inspriration!  

I will take time off.  Trim the hair.  Pump up a little a practice my poses!!  And take some pics.  LOL!!  

What does C3 and C4 mean?

OK - now I've got some questions......When do I take the pics?  Do I do it tommorrow on Day 84? Today Day 83?  I guess it doesn't matter......So - do I print out the challenge and send it in or do it online?  I want to finish it before I switch gears to new goals and dreams etc.  I guess what I'm asking is what is suggested to do to bring closure to my firat 12 weeks?  What do I call my second time?  

The first time I used the success journal.  Do I print pages of everything off the website??  When people gop through it for the 2nd, 3rd,  4th time do they write out everything?  I know the value of journaling the weight amounts, etc.  Looking around at the gyms I've been in I'm for the most part the only one doing it.  

I feel and look better and I've been able to help people everyday in one way or another with me making healthy choices.

I look forward to your relpy.........and from others!

• Russ - C3 means I am in my third challenge. HALF WAY THROUGH TOMORROW! Woop!

Print off the package, write your essay and send it in the mail along with your pictures. I took mine 3 days after my challenges. I think the rules say they have to be taken within 3 days of finishing. (day 84)

Have fun with those poses. AND YEAH FOR YOU!! YOU DID IT!

High 5!

Whatever works for you is what you need to do to be successful. Some people jounal, others not so much. You have to do what you feel comfortable with.

• Print the challenge packet from this website. It has all of the rules and answers to your questions. You must take photos within 3 days (before/after) the end of your challenge. Your packet must be postmarked within 15 days from day 84. The packet has to be handwritten, is quite long, and will prove to be a soul searching moment. It took me days to complete mine.

Challenge 2 - C2 - You can print out a new "journal" from this website. I think it's under library. I continue to plan and log everything. I used the BFL success journal for my first challenge. I have a 3 ring binder for the 2nd challenge. I believe that if I didn't journal everything I would get too loosy goosy. That's just me.

I am actually officially entering a 2nd challenge. Merely for self-accountability reasons. I have hit near my goal scale weight. I have more toning and transfering of fat to muscle to do. I am looking to the 2nd challenge to help me lock in my new habits. My active rest week proved that I have some additional soul searching to work through.

It really is up to you what to do from here. Would love for you to stick around though...you are a great addition to the team :-D

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Go Russ Go!! Congrats on finishing!! WooHoo!! :)  Isn't it a great feeling?! :)

When you start your second challenge I would continue to journal not only workouts, but also the little things. I started my second challenge the last week of March and have been keeping a little journal of all the compliments, feelings I'm experiencing, the blessings I have in my life so if I'm feeling a bit down (which hasn't happened yet-beg. wk 4) I can look at that and get a lift.

Again, CONGRATS!!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks Renee......I'm in the middle of the Active Rest thing......feels like a ship without a sail......thanks for your encouragement.......I woke up and had to do some reading and soul searching on what action I want to take.  More will be revealed!!  Keep on keeping on !!