Frustration

• I have been doing the BFL for 9 weeks now.  Yes I was doing a rigorous routine before starting the challenge I was hoping the challenge would give me the edge I needed to get the results I wanted.  Well unfortunetly since starting the challenge I have gained weight and I can't get my stomach to go flat.  It is so close yet so far.  I follow the workout routine, eat sensibly but yet I can't seem to get the results I'm looking for.  Please someone help!!  I'm getting frustrated beyond belief.

Thank you, 

• Couple of questions for you....  Did you take measurements when you started and how do you pants fit specifically?   When you say you eat sensibly are you following the BFL foods list and meal timing?

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Girl, you and I are in the same boat. Week 9 and I a have not gotten the results I was hoping for. But we are almost there! Stay with it and lets hope that we both start seeing results in these next couple of weeks!

Good luck!

• Fat % loss is mostly going to come from your diet and cardio. Assuming you're following the BFL nutrition plan, what's your cardio session like? What do you do?

• Well I eat a small meal every 3 hours with veggies and protein watching my portion size.  I do supplements.  My workouts are boot camp style and free weights.  I do boot camp 3 days a week and weights 3 days a week.  I talked to a trainer last night and basically said cardio, cardio, cardio is the only way I will really see what I want.  I think I am going to add cardio to my weight training days as well.

Thanks for replying.

• What do you mean boot camp style?  What does that consist of?

• No I did not take measurements before starting, but my weight is up and my clothes don't fit any differently.  I'm 138 lbs and 5'5.  I would like to be about 10 lbs lighter.  I eat every 3 hours a protein and a veggie and watch my portions.  I do boot  camp style workouts 3 days a week and free weights 3 days a week.  I think I am going to add cardio to my weight training days as well.  I just ordered the Betagen and the CLA so I'm hoping that will help boost things along.  Thanks for the reply.

• Where are your carbs?  Carbs are key to helping support your bodies willingness to drop weight, just try adding a small red potato to your meals.  You'll be amazed.

• Well it consists of a lot of push-ups, plyometrics, squats, lunges, running, some weights, and things of that nature.  It is difficult and challenging.  I love it.  It is hard for me to do a regular workout class because I don't  feel challenged like I do in this class.  I definitely have more definition in my arms and back and my legs are getting more toned, but it's just my stomach I need to work on.  After 3 kids I shouldn't complain, but I want that six pack bad.

• Yeah i don't eat many carbs because I am afraid of putting on weight that way, but I will try adding a sweet potato or red potato to one or two meals a day.  I do a protein drink that has carbs in it, and I have a yogart or two a day with carbs, but other than that I stay away from them.   Thanks for the support and advice.

• Whenever I hit a wall with my results I always go back to the book and give it a quick read through the key points at the end of each chapter. It seems like you are taking liberties away from the exercise cardio routine and thats fine everybody is going to do what they want, but sticking to plan 100% is a breath of fresh air for me and I know Ill get the results.

• Andrea21 even the figure competitors that I know eat red potatoes, oats and sweet potatoes.  You might be surprised to learn that your deprivation might be exactly  what is holding you back.

• You said you have noticed some more shape in your arms and legs and back......that's great. The program is working. About the stomach area?.....Losing fat is like draining a pool. The shallow end will drain first but the deep end is the last to drain. For me, my deep end is my love handles.....they are the last thing to go. My arms and chest and upper stomach area get cut first. Your stomach is your "deep end". Just keep doing what you're doing. There is no secret to getting a 6 pak.....bit it will be the last thing to show. Hope this helps.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Sounds like you are doing the right things but you have no patients with yourself.  Just keep working out hard and do add a little carbs to your day.  Your body and your brain need them to function corectly.  I'm in week 12 and I still have some work to do on my stomach area, but I've come a long way and the results are obvious.  Us mama's have to work a little harder in the stomach area to get back to where we used to be.  I have stretch marks from my pregnancy that will never go away, but I will get my 6 pack back!!!  I do 375 ab excersizes on my LBWO days!  I've got the muscle the pooch is shrinking for sure but it will take time!  Trust in the program you will achieve your goals!

Rachel