2 YEARS AND GOING STRONG!

• Today is a very special day for me, for it was exactly two years ago, on April 6, 2009, that I started my first BFL Challenge.  I recall vividly recording all I ate in my journal, and how I fumbled around in the fitness center that first evening, trying to figure out how to properly do a dumbbell fly, row, and getting confused over how much weight to lift on this set of 8 reps so I would have something left when I moved on to the final 12 / 12 reps and ....well, I can't say I regret a single moment of the last two years. 

Every time I thought the transformation was complete, well, I kept going and more changes kept happening.  Going from 34W pants to 32W should have been the end of it, but then I altered my ab crunch routine, and a few months later I fit in 31W slacks.  I am in week 9 of C3 now, and I no longer have to eat perfectly clean, but I do so by choice 90+% of the time.  There are many offerings of "edible junk" available, but I've transformed to the point they gross me out, and aren't truly an attractive option.  If everyone, or maybe just 50% of the population, stopped eating these things, then the companies that produce it would switch to other offerings, and we might actually improve the fitness of the population.

So a natural question is, when should I or anyone else quit? And the answer is simple - whenever you want to.  But, I don't want to.  I now realize that the only way I can live like I believe humans were intended to is to do something intensely physical every day. If you keep doing things, your body will respond and let you keep doing things.  If you stop, well, your body will adjust to accomodate that lifestyle as well.

Yours in BFL,

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Congratulations!!!!  Keep up the good work.  I am on my 1st BFL, I am in the middle of week 5, I am down 15.8 pounds and 4 pant sizes.  I am hoping to continue this journey for the rest of my life!

• Very well said Jacium.  

• What an inspiration!  Thank you for sharing!  :)

• I LOVE this!!  I am on C2W3 and it is proving to be harder than the first challenge!!  I am motivated by your words!

• Jacium,  you are a wonderful testiment of the "for life" part of bfl.  Keep it up,  I am looking forward to finally getting the "for life" part of the equation down myself, this time around.    jill

• Jacium, CONGRATULATIONS to you and thank you for sharing your words of wisdom!!  You're absolutely right on with your post.  I hope to follow in your footsteps myself...You are an inspiration to so many here as I can imagine you are to those around you .... Keep on keeping on!!

• Good Advice... I told myself no more BFL but now it's like I cant stop... strange...

• Excellent!  I've been doing BFL since October 2009.  I am currently in C4 for maintenance and to have more structure to my workouts.  I love seeing people continue their BFL journey for life.

1fitmama:  Most people do feel like C2 if harder than C1.... keep going.... it gets easier!

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• I am so glad to have read your post. I have completed my 12 weeks with Body for Life and have gotten amazing results. Like you I no longer crave the junk food I did before starting the program. My body completely rejects it and I feel bloated and tired. I am still very rigid with my eating habits and exercise routine because I enjoy it. I do want to relax a little bit with what I eat but I also want to maintain my shape and the weight I have lost. Do you have any suggestions? I was wondering if I should still stick to what I'm doing but maybe eat a little more. One thing I do know is that I won't go back to my old habits because I like the way I feel eating the right foods.

• What a wonderful inspirational post.  Thank you!  Just interested in what you did to change your ab routine that assisted in your results?  Cheers!

• Jacium, You are an inspiration to all of us! I am coming to year 1 soon myself and it is really a life choice! I will be looking forward to year 2. Congratulations on such an accomplishment!

• Thanks for the post...it's kinda growing on me too.

• Congratulations on 2 years.  You are such an inspiration to many.  Thanks for all your insight and motivation to everyone along their own personal journeys.

God Bless!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"