WORST DAY EVER!!

• So sorry this is soooo OT, but I had the worst day and just need to get it off my chest so I can let go of some of this stress!!

So if you have read my profile you may know that I have two little boys and a husband that is in the military and on a 6 month deployment right now.  My Dad passed away just 4 months ago and a week before he passed I had to call 911 because he collapsed. 

Well, after my Dad passed and my husband left we put all our belongings in storage (we lived in CA) and my kidos and I moved in with my mom (in Ohio) to help out until my husband gets back.

Well I was startled awake this morning at 4:30AM to the sounds of my panicked Mother screaming for me to "come quick and to please help".  Apparently he defibrillator implant had detected an irregular heart beat and began to shock her.  It gave her 5 good shocks and they all hurt her very bad.  I called 911 and she was admitted to the hospital for observations and will be having tests tomorrow. 

I am totally FREAKED out!!!  I am scared that I will be home and this will happen again, I am scared that I will NOT be home and this will happen.  I am just all around scared!!!  I cannot shake this fear and I feel exhausted and restless all at the same time!!  AND I am freaked because the last time I called 911 for my Dad he never came home!
    L

Long story short she has been sick (flu like symptoms) for the past few days and this morning she woke up early and said she felt really good so she was puttering around the house doing dishes and what not when it just hit her out of nowhere.  Basically the doctor said the defibrillator was working really well and doing it's job, BUT she didn't actually need the shocks they just have to get her heart back in rhythm so it doesn't happen again.

Ugh, thanks for listening and if you are the type to pray please say a prayer for her, she just can't seem to catch a break these lasts few months!! 

You know what is crazy ... after a VERY long day I returned home from the hospital and still did my cardio workout because it was the only thing I could think of to do to help with the stress!!    Thanks again!! 

• Hi 1fitmama,

So sorry to hear about your troubles. I know from experience how stress can eat away at you, and you've certainly had a rough couple of months.

Take pride and draw positive energy from the fact that you did not skip your cardio because you had a terrible day. It's great that you didn't use your misfortune as an excuse to skip your workout. I know when I was going through a rough patch, that going to the gym was the ONLY thing that made me feel better by taking my mind off things and reducing my stress.

And when you are at the end of your rope, a kind word from a stranger, even online, can sometimes make all the difference. So I am sending my best wishes to you and your family. If you want to talk about it some more, feel free to send me an email.  : )

Best Wishes,

James

• Hi 1fitmama,

Uggh, what a rough day, huh? Kudos to you for coping with the stress in a positive way and not eating your worries away. Keep in mind that deep breathing and meditation also helps. There are some great free podcasts for guided meditations on iTunes.

As traumatic as today was, I would encourage you to maintain the perspective that your mom's equipment worked and saved her life, even though if was painful. I'm optimistic that she will fair well with the results of the tests. All the more reason with your parent's health issues to get to the gym everyday feasible.

Also, be gentle with yourself. You moved from sunny California to gloom and doom Ohio. It hasn't exactly been kind to us this winter ;) There are a lot of life changes happening for you right now but feel your feelings and overall you sound amazingly resilient. Chin up and use those around you for support. I'm sending positive energy your way...

Be well,

girlwonder

• Hi 1fitmama,

Rough day indeed, I'll pray for your mom's health, your husband's safe return back home, your family's health and your success in the BFL challenge. I commend you on the dedication on this challenge, continue pushing for your goals, always remember why you do this and continue the prayers.

Take care,

Kakashi

• I am saying prayers for you all.  How scary and stressful!  You are doing the best you can and we are here to support you!  Kuddos for your cardio workout!  Hang in there and keep us posted.  

DO YOUR BEST TODAY! 

• 1fitmama -  You have had a lot to deal with.  And no wonder you are freaked out right now.  I am glad your mom is okay and she is so lucky to have you there for her right now.  And vice versa.  Clearly you are a very brave woman to have moved your life to Ohio, you are raising your boys alone right now, and you are taking care of your mom after your Dad's passing - this is COURAGE.  Good for you doing that cardio!  Cardio and weights can be great therapy!  Girlwonder is right; you do sound amazingly resilient.  Sending good thoughts your way!

Susan Berna

2010 Body-for-LIFE Grand Master Champion

• Bless your heart.  I am so sorry to hear that you and your mother had to go through something like that.  I commend you for taking care of your mom, and taking care of yourself with so much on your plate.  I probably don't have enough of the right words to say to make you feel at ease, but wanted to let you know that you and your mom and family are in my prayers!!!  God Bless!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• 1fitmama, I am very sorry to hear about your terrible day,  I too will pray for your mother's health and your husbands safe return home as soon as possible. It is true though that workouts can definately help relieve some of the stress and give you a clearer outlook on things and improve your abiltiy to deal with difficult situations that come along. WPBILL

• Thank you so much everyone!!  She (my Mom) is doing better today they ran some test and everything looks great!  They now believe the Defibrillator malfunctioned and she now has an irregular heart beat because of the shocks.  Sooooo tomorrow they are going to put her under and shock her heart again to get it back in rhythm.  She hopes to be home tomorrow or the next day.  Thank you all for your prayers that really means a lot to me!

Also thanks for the encouragement on my challenge ... I didn't do perfect on my meals yesterday ... they were ALMOST perfect, but I had 1 piece of my sons valentines day candy (chocolate covered marshmallow) I felt pretty miserable but other than that it was pretty much spot on!

Thanks again!!