Matt McClelland - 2010 Grand Master Champion

• Hi everyone, I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.

My name is Matt McClelland and I learned earlier tonight that I was named the 2010 Grand Master Champion!

Honestly, it's still sinking in.  I've been looking at the pictures of the champions since I was in High School.  I've taken a few "before" pictures over the years, all the way back to when you had to hold a newspaper and then take the film to be developed!  I've never followed through though.

With a family history of heart disease and diabetes on both side of the family and four sons ages 6, 5, 3 and 2, now was the time.  I wanted to be an active father who could run around and play with the boys, like my dad did with me.  This was the time.  I felt like it was now or never.

There were a few hurdles along the way, there always are, but I learned to hit the curveballs that life throws at you.  I realized that life will always give you excuses, it's your choice to take them.  

I still look at my pictures in awe of what I was able to achieve.  Body-for-LIFE was such an amazing and life changing experience, both physically and mentally.  Words cannot express how truly honored I am to be named the 2010 Grand Master Champion.

I hope I can inspire others to follow through and look forward to adding my insight and advice to to those looking to take that next step.

If I can do it, so can you!

Matt

Thank you so much to my beautiful wife Audrey and my sons William, Alexander, Benjamin and Henry.  You are my inspiration.  I did this for us!

Matthew McClelland

2010 Grand Master Champion

• Congrats, Matt!! You did an AMAZING job!!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Wow!  Good for you!!  WAY TO GO!

• WOW MAtt, you don't know what an inspiration you are and will be to so many out ther.

Congratulations. I am sure your family is proud of your achievements , as this is their victory as well..

Congrats.

- Mel

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Congratulations Matt!

Small changes - big results, inside AND out PLUS added years onto a father's life. Priceless.

• Amazing Matt...very impressive. You are an inspiration!!

• Congratulations, Matt!  I enjoyed corresponding with you on Facebook last night.  This was a GREAT idea to start you own thread on here.  I will think about doing the same once I get my wits about me again.

You had an amazing transformation and so deserving of this title.

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• You should be so proud!! You look fantastic and are now a representative of the program. You will continue to inspire others and have earned your mark.

(Clapping)

Lori

• Congratulations!  The hard work you put in and the support of your family truly paid off!  May this be only the beginning of a wonderful new path of life.

Keep inspiring people!

• amazing transformation congratulations!

• Congratulations!!!!!  

• Congrats! You did an amazing job.

• Matt, I totally missed this thread before now!!!

Your transformation is AMAZING!  I am so happy for you, and for your family as well.  I can only imagine how many hurdles you had with 4 very young boys!!!  That could not be easy, but you followed through!   What a gift you have given your family, on so many levels.  

Can't wait to see what's next!  And I look forward to meeting you one of these days!!!!!!

Susan Berna

2010 Body-for-LIFE Grand Master Champion

• Matt,

Congratulations!  Your transformation is very inspirational and the fact that you did it for reasons involving your family makes it even better.  Enjoy the feeling of accomplishing what you did and keep reaching for new heights.

Awesome job!

One Life, Live Accordingly

• Yeah for you and yeah for those boys of yours!  Congrats!

Laurie