Transformation?

• Hi all,

I'm on week 4 and I have lost only 3 pounds... Measurements are the same as in the beginning. What's going on? Shouldn't I have lost more weight? I do feel stronger but I'm a bit disappointed, however I will stick it out to the 12 week... Do you guys think it might take longer to see real change?

Thanks

Live life with passion!

• Have you read this document? bodyforlife.com/.../470.aspx

It is a whole slew of women who did not see results until week 8! Hang in there! Keep working on your goals! You'll see results soon enough!

• Do not worry, changes will come. It is all in consistency. Clean eating and consistent workouts will pay you back big time. I am in my second round and seem like I go for weeks with no apparent changes then BOOM I seem like I notice things overnight. I seemed to really change on the inside first. More energy, drive and enthusiasm for life. That was the best change. The physical changes are the icing on the cake.

Do not expect too much too soon. You will get out of it what you put into it, so give it all you have and you will be amazed in the end. Enjoy the journey. I am actually a couple of pounds heavier now than when I started this round. Going by that alone, you would think that I am failing. But, I have added muscle, lost fat and am more fit all the way around. The number on the scale will play tricks with your mind if you let it. Trust in yourself and your resolve to get fit.

Finally, there are many people who have made amazing transformations and lost minimal weight. Keep on going and you will not be disappointed.Good luck

• WOW! Wonderful document...

I'll keep at it. I have to say that this week has been difficult (for the first time). It seems my body is a bit tire. Monday was upper body and Tuesday was cardio. The cardio was hard!!! My legs were tired not sore but tired....

It would be a great motivation to see some actual results but I guess I'll have to wait for that...

Live life with passion!

• Please be patient, by week four I only lost 2 pounds. By the end the weight was falling off and my body composition was totally different. Stay focused and keep pushing forward. In the end, you will be delighted with your transformation!!

Warm Regards,

Lori

• Thank you all!

Thank you Lori... I do need a bit of a push this week. I'll finish. I'll do it.

Thanks

Live life with passion!

• I know you will!! You can do this. We are all rooting for you!!

• I don't remember where I read it, but the story about the paper towel rolls hit home with me and made me understand why progress may be slow at the beginning and fast at the end.  The gist of it is this:  

Imagine a roll of paper towels with 84 sheets on it.  That's you with the fat.  The cardboard core is the transformed you.  Set it aside.

There's another roll of paper towels with 84 sheets on it.  That's you too, and each day, one sheet gets torn off and compared to the roll with all 84 sheets.  You tear off the first sheet and compare... no real change.  Tear off the next sheet the next day and compare... no real change, but it is getting smaller.  It might take two or three sheets just to go around the roll once.  However, as the roll gets a little smaller, one sheet might unwrap two times around that roll, making it noticably smaller.

To me, that kind of explains why so many women don't see real changes until week 8 or so.  Hope this helps keep you motivated.  It sure kept me motivated!

• Scale weight is one of the worst measures of fitness and a very poor way to measure results with this program.

Stick with it compete the 12 weeks and you will have the results equal to the effort (work and eating) you put into it.

• I'm on week 4 too, with only two more work out days before free-day.  Yesterday was the first workout I missed due to being ill, but I ate clean and will be fitting in that missed cardio tomorrow before my LBWO. I'm not measuring my success with weighing or measuring, its more how my clothes fit and how I feel.  I have already dropped a dress size and aim to drop another (two would be amazing) by the end of the 12 weeks.  I have been a bit discouraged with the rate my strength is improving, but we are all made differently and will all have different success.  My legs look puffy and worse than before the challenge, but I read that it'll look worse before it gets better????