Cheat Day / Free Day

• Free day again... breakfast #1 from McDonald's with coffee - no cream or sugar. Lunch #1 from Chick Fil A with small chocolate shake.

Dinner: Tortilla chips, Tortilla soup, Seafood Paella (huge serving), 1 margarita, 1 glass of red wine, small bites of dessert.

Starting Weight on Cheat day 184.4. Weight this morning 187.8... something strange is happening though, my belt and pants fit better this morning..

I still think free day throws me off but my wife makes me do it so I have no choice :(

• Hasam,

Please stop saying you have no choice. You are not a baby. Your wife can not force feed you whatever she wants! is she threatening you with leaving the house if you do not eat whatever she wants? Then she is lame and you might be better off without her!

You feel guilty and you want to blame it on your wife. Be a grown up guy! Make your own decisions and do not blame others if you fail to comply.

Does she know that you are blaming her along? Grow up!

Live life with passion!

• Yowzers.   Go easy.

• Hi Tim,

Hasam has finished with my patience.

No one can force feed another one something they don't want. Unless in a torture chamber!

If his wife is capable of  "making him" eat whatever she wants during free day then I want to meet her, maybe she'll teach me and then I can feed my husband clean, wholesome food all the time as I wish he would eat.

Hasam, stop blaming others. Take responsability for your life.

Live life with passion!

• Hehe I just like to let her think wears the pants in the relationship :)

I started the Body fo LIfe journey to support her, it was her idea. She wanted me to do it with her, so we plan all meals and do all our workouts together. We are in this together. She really enjoys the free day and it's her reward for working hard all week. She's lost 30 LBS so far and is very happy and motivated with Body for Life. I don't want to change that. The program calls for a day when you can relax and eat whatever you want- so we do it. On cheat day I just go along with whatever she wants... I'm being supportive, we are in this together.

• What you need to make clear is that YOU are making the decision to eat as per her wishes.

The problem is that you come into this forum all apologetid because you have overeaten in your free day and you have "gain weight" (which I already told you what I think about gain weight) and how much you hate free days. Then you say is all your wife fault.

If you are in this "together" and YOU have decided to eat as she wishes on free day then say so. Do not blame her and do not fake feeling guilty.

Live life with passion!

• Binge eating with someone doesn't show support, it shows an enabling of unhealthy behavior.  

There's nothing wrong with having some extra on your free day, but that's not what we're talking about or there wouldn't be so much guilt.  Believe me, I know.  I'm not judging.  This is from experience.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I don't think I over eat... this post has become more like a journal for my free day.