44 female - is this doable?

• Of course it's doable - nobody has set an upper age limit on improving fitness.  My doctor was thrilled to hear of my results, and I waited until I was 53 to start.

Here's a completely different perspective:  Has anyone considered the possibility that it's even more valuable for people in their 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, to do a program like BFL?  Make the transformation before they start experiencing serious physical and health impairment caused by years of obesity and sedentary life style?  I'm referring to life extension here, not whether they become a supermodel.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• BINGO Jacium!  I'll be 50 in 5 weeks or so and that is the exact reason why I decided to get myself together.  When climbing stairs is a problem at 40 something can you imagine what it would be like at 50 or more?  OMG!  Being out of breath, hard breathing, heart palpitations...rediculous considering it's not necessary and in a big way our bodies are screaming at us to do something.

Everyone, don't let age be a bearer on whether you should do something to get healthy.  Check with your doctor if you have concerns but otherwise any and everyone should be able to do this at any age. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• You hit the nail on the head Jacium! I was diagnosed with a paralized vocal cord, two herniated disks,  and my health was a mess. Then I started Body- For- Life. Imagine if I preserved my longevity and lived a healthier lifestyle sooner? Great point.

• Randy...thanks for including the link!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"