Getting ready to TRAVEL :-O

• I have been preparing myself mentally for this for a couple of weeks.  I went and bought some food today along with baggies and containers.  Our room won't have a microwave but it does have a refrigerator.  Also, the hotel has a fitness center so I plan to be there every morning first thing.  Say a prayer for me as this will be my test!!!  I don't know what it is, and I'm sure a lot of you are the same way, but when I go out of town, it's like there's nooo monitoring what goes in my mouth.   The GOOD thing about the trip is that it's an ACSM event, therefore, i'll be surrounded my health freaks which should be a motivating factor in and of itself.

Let me know if anyone has any tips.  I do have myoplex lite rtds, sandwich stuff, bars- which I try to use sparingly, cottage cheese, yogurt, and fruit.  The only thing I'm bummed about is the eggs.  I have them every day now I'll have to do something different for breakfast.  I'll probably eat out for dinner which will be chicken or fish. 

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... :-)

Andra

~Let every opposition strengthen you, not stop you~

• Yes you can do this! The rooms may not have microwaves but I bet they have one. I stay at The Hyatt in OK and KC. No microwaves in rooms. I call in advance and tell them about my obstacle and if they don't have an alternative solution I will unfortunately have to take my business elsewhere. They are more than willing to heat up anything I need in their kitchen. Apples, chicken, broccoli, whatever. I cook in advance and place in individual containers. If there is no refrigerator you just keep a cooler loaded up. It's kind of fun to challenge yourself to take this to another level. I got great satisfaction out of achieving my meal plan and fitness routines while out of town. I'm kind of a competitive spirit though :-)

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Yes, the Hyatt is the one we are staying at.  I may just do that- take some precooked chicken and veggies and ask them to heat it up :-)  Competitive = GOOD.   I like your optimism!!

Thank you, Renee.

• Yes, you CAN do this Andra!! I travel A LOT with my volleyball teams and the planning is key; I have a weekend long tournament this weekend and there are no refrigerators so ice will be my friend.

On the eggs, I've brought hard boiled ones and  that worked for me; I know they aren't cooked, but it's an option!

I would take some of my stuff down to the breakfast room and heat things up using that microwave...

My biggest challenge when traveling with these teams are the drinking parents! And they aren't drinking Myoplex shakes! lol! :)

I will be toting around my little Igloo cooler and may look strange, but I feel GREAT and that's all that matters!

Yes, Renee has that competitive spirit!! I Love it!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thank you, Deb! :-)  You made me laugh about traveling w/ the parents :-D  I don't have to worry about that with the people I'm going with.  My roommate and I just finished packing all of our food.  I think we'll have 3 full coolers!!  I'm bringing my little water boiler thing (for oatmeal), rtds, sandwich stuff ( I used the orrowheat bread which is very thin and round) 3 oz of turkey, reduced fat swiss, and lettuce.  No condiments or anything like that.  For dinner I'm bringing those little tuna snack packs and then cottage cheese & yogurt (the dannon light & fit).  Now, all I have to do is FOLLOW the plan and I'll be okay.  My goal is to only eat out once- and I will have salmon.

I'll check in throughout the week.  Both of you have a blessed week!!

Andra

• Andra,

You will do great! It sounds like you are mentally prepared and have planned well. Definitely get those workouts in first thing each morning. Is this the ACSM Summit in Austin, TX?  No worries...you'll be at the Whole Foods capital!  Make sure to check it out if you have a chance to....most amazing Whole Foods in the world in my humble opinion:)  Also, feel free to check out some travel tips here. Was just blogging about it recently, and there are some portable food ideas in here..

http://www.emilyalvers.com/top_10_travel_tips.html

Stay strong, and each obstacle you overcome will make you stronger. If you can make it through this trip on track, then the next one will be even easier, because you'll know you can do it. Don't let the food have power over you....it's just food after all, and bathing suit season is more motivating than any Snickers bar! Remember this quote, "Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels." Write it down and take it with you if you want...has helped me numerous times.  You can do this!!! :)

Em

"If you want something you've never had, you must do things you've never done!"

• Em-I have that quote on my motivaton wall downstairs! Thanks for the link, will check it out as I'm on the road the next 3 weekends...

Andra-Way to plan, girl! Let me know how it goes! Have fun! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• We made it back late yesterday evening from Austin and wanted to let you all know I stuck to the plan!!! Aaaahh, I am just so happy and relieved.  Now I KNOW I can make it through this challenge, no prob :-) I did my workouts every morning plus we walked everywhere.  I sit on my bum all day at work so now I'm planning on parking a good walking distance away to make myself move a little more :-)  Austin's Whole Foods was A-MAZING. Thanks again for everyone's advice and support.  Emily, the trip and conference were awesome and talking to you was the cherry on top :-)  Everyone have a great week!

Andra

• Woot! Woot! You are truly going to rock this challenge! Let no obstacle stand in your way!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)