Week 8

• I am seeing MAJOR results now.....lost 21.5 lbs., down from 219 to 197.5.   I have seen the same people in the gym for the last 8 weeks, working out everyday, and, honestly, they look no different to me.   They are there when I arrive and are still working out when I leave.   I can tell that they are wondering how I am getting these results with these relatively short workouts.  This program, if followed religiously, works wonders.  Here's some of the changes I've noticed in 7+ weeks:

- lost 21.5 lbs

- lost 2.5-3 inches in waist

- thrown out 2 pairs of size 40 pants and a belt

- have fine definition in shoulders and triceps

- can walk/run 1.88 miles in 20 mins (compared to 1.50 miles at start)

- adding weight to almost every UP and LB workout

- actually want to go to work now (and vacations)

- abs that I never knew existed.

I was considerably overweight/obese at the start....my optimal wieght is 170-175.   I plan on starting another challenge right after XMAS ...hope to be around 185-188 lbs. by then.   My gym has a "biggest winner" contest....I'm sorry that I didn't sign up for it because I would of had a chance to win.

• Congrats!  You worked the program and it worked for you.  I'm thrilled for you!

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Great results so far!!! Keep up the good work! The best is yet to come!!!

• I see the same thing in my gym....people look the same month after month. I'll walk in the gym and see some guy walking on the treadmill......I'll do my whole workout and when I leave the gym they're still on the treadmill. Poor nutrition is the reason most people see no improvement. Keep up the good work Highplanesdrifter!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• You have the magic formula. Pass it on... congrats!!

• Thanks......my best advice is to give this absulote #1 priority.   From a mental standpoint, I will not let myself  miss a day .  I follow the program for the most part with the exception that I eat 5 meals a day (1500 calories), and utilize slightly different program with the weights.  Try to hit the 10's everday and you're good to go.  You don't have to be perfect to get positive results.  

My wife is trying the challenge and she is not getting the same results.   The reason is that she does not give it priority..for example, she must have heavy cream in her coffee every day.  I told to make a sacrifice and drink it black (like me) or give it up for 12 weeks.  She refuses.  So I remind her that she probably will not get the results.    It's that simple.  

Believe me, there are days that I dread going to the gym, but I feel like a million bucks when I get it done.  I look at this way.....this a new hobby for me.  

• has she tried a lil skim milk instead of cream? it wotked for me, still makes the coffee lighter in color.  actually since i started bfl i dont hav the need to drink as much coffee...

• Highplainsdrifter : your post made me smile. I love happy endings/new beginnings!! Keep going hard, you will definately start to see GREAT things happening now. Way to go!

• LOVE THIS!!!!   It is amazing what we can do with the right tools.  Continue to show those gym rats how it is done.  Great job so far!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"