Challenge 1 complete with pictures & stats

• WOW!! I'm stunned. You look absolutely amazing. You could seriously enter a Fit & Figure competition. All your hard work has really paid off. Also....thanks for all your inspiring and encouraging posts over the last several months. You are a true champion.  Set some new goals and continue your fitness journey.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Thank you all for the kind words.  It feels good when others notice the hard work & dedication that goes into getting "there."  

fit4life:  I will always have goals to work toward now.  I am running my first 5K with my sister next month, and already registered for another one in Feb., so I can beat my time (whatever it ends up being on my first one).  I am also doing a high volume weight training program now, and will start another BFL challenge on Dec. 27th.  Thank YOU for your dedication to this way of life and sharing your insight along the way.  

I totally feel like I need to pay it forward to anyone who needs motivation, encouragement or a plain ole' kick in the behind!!  

I love my BFL family!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• EXCUSE ME!!!  Where has my email been that you've finished??? I was just thinking of you because I knew you finished around Thanksgiving time.  OMG! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!  I told you to hold on, keep going, that you would get there.  And you did, and THEN SOME!~  When are you going to join me on the competition wagon?  I'm looking toward next spring....late March, into April even..Amazing.  Simply amazing.  I hope any shred of information I provided helped you succeed!  You are a success in itself.  

• I just found your profile today and am very inspired by your fantastic transformation! We are close in age and it is so nice to see someone else who pushes hard. Your look fantastic and should hold you head up high!!

• Mica (akmama)....I just sent you a long e-mail.  Thank you so much.  Every shred of information you gave me helped me succeed.  You finished your challenge when I was in week 5.  After seeing your pictures, I went to the store to buy a bikini and vowed to finish, hoping I'd look half as good as you.  All the e-mails and information really pushed me through those tough times.  YOU are a great friend!  I will leave those competitions to you; you were born to compete!!  Good luck in the spring.  We will stay in touch via e-mail.  Keep bulking and keep your eye on the prize!

lorig2727:  Thank you so much.  Are you currently doing a challenge?  If so, how many weeks into it are you?  We are only as "old" as we feel, right?  I feel much younger than I am, for sure.

xoxoxoxo

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi BDMOM! Yes I am doing a challenge and I finish on November. 26th. Pretty soon I will have my pictures taken and I'm getting excited. I will post my before-and-after when all is said and done. Age is just a number and I am in the best shape of my life so I guess with age we get better. Thank you for posting your transformation- I found it very motivating.

Regards

• Lorig2727....best of luck to you on your final week!!!  I can't wait to see your final pictures.  Make every workout count this week.  You are almost there!!

• Starting weight 121 @ 20% Body Fat = 97 lbs Lean Body Mass and 24.2 lbs of body fat

Ending weight 109 @ 17.5% = 90 lbs Lean Body Mass and 19 lbs of body fat.

Awesome pictures and great job!

Bryan

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Thanks for that, Bryan....I never knew how to figure that out.  I will make a note of it in my success journal.

• Absolutely wonderful transformation. I was looking for some motivation and this is definitely a motivator.  It looks as though you really worked hard and I also enjoy reading your posts. Is this going to be an ongoing program for you? Keep up the good work!

Randy

• Hi Randy:

Thank you.  Yes, this will be ongoing for me.  I have taken some time off to do a high volume weight training program, which I finish this week.  I will then take a few weeks off, and start an official BFL challenge 2 on December 27th.  I really like the structure of a start/end date, and journaling my workout and meals.  I plan to do at least 3 challenges per year (not to submit, just to keep me on track).  Are you in a current challenge?  What week?  What are your goals?

• Great...Hope the weight training goes well for you. I am over the hump in my fourth week and feelin' like a million dollars. Along with myself I have other family members who have joined in...including our inspiration Peter who is in Afghanistan. His letters to us are totally inspirational and I'll post them after his return. This is the ongoing post that I (we) keep updated...

bodyforlife.com/.../2825.aspx

Again...Great job!

• RToons:  Thanks for the link.  I will read up when I have some more time.  Love the opening post though; it looks so powerful, and how neat it is that you are able to do at the same time with Pete, and compare notes...you gotta love technology.  I know most of his correspondence is snail mail, unless they get occasional access to computer.  It helps to have that inspiration to help get you through the tough days.  Because you know any day here is not even close to being as tough as what Peter deals with on a daily basis.  Be prepared for it to get tough in the next few weeks, especially with the holidays.  I remember my middle weeks being tough.  Just remember why you are doing what you are doing and try your best to stay focused.  Best of luck to you all.

• Just wanted to update:  I finished this challenge 7 weeks ago, and felt kinda like a fish out of water without the structure of the plan.  I have gained a few pounds over the holidays, but not enough to worry about.  I just started challenge 2 on December 27th.  For anyone wanting to join me & many others, come join us at:  

bodyforlife.com/.../3030.aspx

• Awesome!! Keep it up!!