First Challenge Complete! BFL for Women Input?

• Hey everyone!

I haven't been on in awhile but am glad to report that I finished my 12 weeks!  They weren't perfect, but this was the first time in my life I honestly kept getting back on track and pushing myself to keep going each time I did falter.  I have never pushed myself harder, ate cleaner, or reflected more.  And it feels awesome.  I have gone down quite a few pant sizes, I can now run faster and further and lift way more than I thought possible to achieve in 12 weeks - without feeling like I am about to fall over and die!  AND... I did a chin up for the first time in my life!!!  My face hurt from grinning so much I could hardly believe it!  And then I did a few more! 

I am currently taking some 'active rest' time after reading advice here on the forums about the benefits of time off between challenges. It also works out well since I am in the middle of a move as well.  I am setting goals and plans for the future too, and still hope to work towards completing a marathon next summer, as well as do another 12 weeks. 

Also, I am curious if anyone has any input regarding Body-For-Life for Women by Pam Peeke.  I haven't heard anyone talk about it, and was going to research it a little more before my next challenge to see what its about. 

Keep at it everyone, and don't give up!  

I can do anything, if I want to.

• Kort88-CONGRATS on finishing you challenge!!! And the chinup! WoopWoop!! Doesn't it feel great!

That's great that you are setting goals for a new challenge and an upcoming marathon. I'm running a 10K on Thanksgiving then a 1/2 Marathon in March. Never before BFL would I'd have thought I would be running these distances, so good for you!!

On the Body for Life for Women; don't bother...stick with the original book...just my opinion as well as many others who have been around awhile.

Good luck with your move and your next challenge!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Congrats---you must be so happy!  Pics to post?

Wanted to respond to your question about BFL for Women and like Debbie, I give it a thumbs down.  I've read the original BFL, BFL for Women, BFL Champions and am currently reading Bill Phillips Transformation book.  As much as I wanted to like BFL for women, it was my least favorite.  I'd say my favorite, and the most useful to me personally has been BFL Champions.  

Dr. Peeke does try to look at certain aspects of the challenge that are unique to us females but I feel like I was more inspired and felt more informed in a useful way by the input from the forums here and the stuff in BFL Champions.  

• I didn't care to finish Peeke's book. In my opinion, it lacks the oomph of Bill's original book. I felt it was talking down to women like they need to be spoon-fed some aspects of the program. But that's just my personal opinion.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Congratulations on completing your challenge. Great job....would love to see some pics.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• there is no free day in BFL for women - b/c of that , i dont like it (with other reasons too)