Challenge 1 complete

• I completed my first challenge...

I have to say the whole process was hard but fun.  Based on my pics and results, I can see some changes but the stuff you don't see is the way I feel when I play with my kids.  I definitely outlast them.

Check out my profile to see before and after pics.

I'm planning to start a new challenge in one week, feel free to join me.  We can start a catchy thread...

• Pal,

Excellent work. You really made some nice improvements. I have just completed week 8 and can relate to you with the energy to play with the kids. I have spent more time rolling around in the floor with 2 year olds in the last month than the previous 2 years. Isn't it great to regain that youthful feeling? Good luck on your next challenge and congratulations.

• Great Job

• Wow...fantastic transformation.  Congratulations on a job well done!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Great Job!! You've got to be feeling awesome! Congrats!

• pal_bonds,

Way to go!!!! Great transformation!!! You should be very proud! Finishing all 12 weeks is an amazing accomplishment and you did it!

Congratulations!!

Orrin

• Great job! Way to finish the twelve weeks!! Congrats!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Very good......keep it up!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Great job Pal! you are an inspiration for all of us!

• Feels great, doesn't it? Nicely done!

• Congrats on finishing... you did an awesome job.  Im on my 4th week its going pretty good

"He who gains a victory over other men is strong;
    but he whos gains a victory over himself is strong(er)"

• Great Job Pal!

It looks like you and I were about the same size when you started.  I am only on week #6 and am trying to eat as clean as I can in order to get similar results for the first challenge.   I am working out 3 days a week and then doing the cardio 3x per week plus an additional 20 minutes of cardio each evening of my morning work outs - hoping to lose more fat.  Mind sharing with me how your eating with respect to calories?   I too am doing portion size but was wanting to put a number to those portions to try and tweek it for maximum loss.   MY BMR is saying around 1700 cal/day - split that between 6 meals.  Am trying to get 180g of Protein a day and less carbs.  

Thoughts from anyone or suggestions would be appreciated.  I can definitely see changes in my body - have lost from a 34 to a 32 pant size - not much scale weight lost (4 lbs in 6 weeks).  I have increased lower weights by 25% and my upper by 25-30%.

James - Frisco, Texas

• James.

First off I did not lose much weight and that is probably due to the fact that I love beer.  

We it came to eating, I was aiming for about 20 to 25g of protein and 20g of carbs.  Never really calculated my calorie intake but I'm sure sneaking a beer here and there did not help that since each beer is on average 125 cal.

I did take CLA for the first 6 weeks of the program and that seemed to help alot.  In my new challenge that I started this week, I added creatine.  Not sure how that will affect my body but I will let you know in a few weeks

When it came to extra cardio, all I did was after my 20 min interval cardio from BFL, I would do an extra 10 min at a moderate pace.  I only did that cuz I would reach upwards of 190 beat per minutes and I wanted to take my time to bring it down.  My goal for a 10 in cardio for to reach 200 but I was rarely able to do that.

• I remember what beer tastes like, I think!  The first couple of weeks, my cheat day consisted of 2-3.....    I am sure it didn't help me much.   I have since cut it out - protein powder is too expensive to waste!  Thanks for the details!  

James