BFL Champion's Weekend 2010 IN REVIEW!

• Well I just can't believe there's not already a thread about this out here..but I might have missed it..I'm a little sleep deprived this morning..wouldn't have it any other way!

We had a FANTASTIC time in Nashville at the BFL Champion's Weekend. Many of the guestbook regulars were there. They are all awesome people! It was amazing and awesome to meet them all in person!

I would love to hear a recap or your 'take aways' from our weekend event. What did you get out of it? Was it worth your time and money to get there?(hopefully all the answers are yes to that question).

Thanks for letting me host this event again for you this year. I look forward to next year. It will be year 10 for me..I'll have to try to come up with something big....hmm...

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE FANTASTIC GUESTBOOK FOLKS!!

BTW...visit my bflspirit.com website as well..you can start groups/threads/challenges there as well!

Stephanie Workman

Rocking BFL since 2001! TNCHAMPWEEKEND.COM and BFLSPIRIT.COM

• I tried to post yesterday but the site was having issues .. at least at my house it was.

It was a great weekend and I had a fabulous time and will go into next year planning on going to the 10th anniversary edition.

I came away with a few things that meant alot to me.  One is that there are others out there that struggle with maintenance (like I do) and others who have a hard time "repaeating" the success of a challenge.  I have been so focused on looking at my physical appearance and not the fact that while not in a challenge, I am eating so much better than I used to and I am working out 6 days a week.  I am in so much better of a place than I was before BFL and I need to focus on that and realize that I am doing good and need to keep that up.  I also need to sit down and make out some goals as that has been missing since late April and is really what has been causing me to feel like I am in limbo.

The second thing is realizing how lucky I really am.  I have so much to be grateful for and I sometimes let the irritations of life bog me down and lose sight of what is really real and important.

The people there were incredible and I really came home on a emotional high.

How funny is it to meet people for the first time and they say "I am so and so" ... and then say their screename?   :)

• Stephanie - thank you for taking time to pull this event together.  We truly appreciate all your efforts in supporting the BFL program.  In addition, we want to say Thanks to all of your BFL Champions who attended this event.  We look forward to hearing more about the event.

All the Best!

The BFL Team

• We owe much THANKS and APPRECIATION TO ABBOTT and the BFL Team for supporting our efforts with the BFL Weekend. The products that you all send for our swag bags are so much appreciated by everyone. Who doesn't love free stuff??  Not to mention that we just love EAS products anyway.

The event was pretty good I think but then again I'm biased. We had a slightly smaller crowd this year but this made for a more intimate event and more opportunity to get to know each other. I met many great people from the guestbook.

We had some great speakers...Michelle Simpson, Porter Freeman, Denise Taylor, Richard Brown, and Mac Robertson. Very inspirational and motivational stories.

We also had a group of 20+ runners/walkers participate in the RACE FOR THE CURE on our RUN FOR MIKE team. Our team raised over $3500 for this charity. We also had some really fast runners in our group as well.

I hope everyone who attended had a great time. Again we appreciate all the support from Abbott and from those who attended our event.

Looking forward to next year already!

Stephanie

Rocking BFL since 2001! TNCHAMPWEEKEND.COM and BFLSPIRIT.COM

• I also came away with the realization that alot of the ladies on the GB are tall.  I am 5'9" and many were as tall if not taller than me.    :)

• LOL!  I know Rick…I found out I also wasn't so tall. :-)

Stephanie, Abbott/EAS and everyone who attended.  Thank you so much for another wonderful weekend.  It was something to meet everyone.  It was like faces were popping off this forum and standing in front of me.

We had a great time talking, "really" getting to know each other and sharing hugs, tears of joy, laughs and fun.

This was my second year attending and I plan to attend again.  This definitely was worth my time and money.  This really is a must event if for nothing else to rejuvenate your self promise.  You can't get that but from being with a bunch of like-minded people who get it and understand this whole connection we all have starting when we each jumped on this forum for help. 

The speakers/champions were all very good and I was able to take something away from them all that I could move forward with and not just from their speeches but also from spending time talking with each one of them.

I miss everyone already!  Thanks to you all for being there and making it an awesome weekend.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• That will teach me to take a week of vacation after such a great event.  I got to enjoy it all even more!!

It was so cool watching everyone as they came in to the hotel lobby meeting each other for the first time!!

Nothing better to feed the soul than positive people willing to help one another move forward.  What a true blessing community really is!!

I have a ton of pictures to share.  I'll see what I can put up in the gallery this evening.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Here we go with some photo memories!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

• Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

• Ha ha - Jess and Debsy would go up to Laurie's belly button! STAND UP LAURIE! :)