First Challenge Completed! Pics on Profile

• Thanks so much for all your kind remarks, everyone!  This forum has really helped me with the challenge.  It is so nice to be able to share my success and ask questions.  Many of you have helped me even if you don't know it.  Orrin, I have read a lot of your posts and you are so encouraging to everyone!  You definitely embody the concept of the universal law of reciprocation.  I hope that I can help and inspire someone through this forum as well.  I was thinking it would be cool to be part of a "team" for my next challenge.  Anybody have any advice on how to do that?

BFLSue - Yes!  It was challenging with my very young children.  I did all my workouts in my basement with a treadmill, a set of adjustable dumbbells and a weight bench while the kids watched cartoons down there with me.  For my reward for completing the challenge I got a gym membership where they have free childcare.  I am enjoying trying out the different classes they have there and swimming laps during my active rest time.

BDMom - Thanks for noticing that I look thin from behind!  I noticed that, too - my arms and back are really thinning out.  Funny, you don't see yourself from that angle very often!

HighPoint

Patience, persistence, and hard work pay off.

• HighPoint -- congrats on a challenge well done!!! Great job, and don't you feel so much better than when you first started? Amazing what transformation can take place in 12 short weeks. Best of luck on C2, too! I am entering week 3 of my second Challenge :) Keep up the good work!

• Wow!! You really tightened up. You look Great!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• You look great and your results are very encouraging!! Thank you for sharing your success.

• Way to go!  And with young children too.  Excellent.  Job well done!

• Wow! Wow! You look amazing. Congrats.   I am a lurker here and want to get started. Your success has given me motivation to start the program. My shape looks similar to your 'before' picture. With two huge babies at birth hence 2 c-sections I have a tummy overhang.

Please tell me what abs exrecises did you do? What weights did you use for dumbbells? Any other advise?

• Hi, Monakaur,

I really didn't do abs all that much.  Just basically crunches, etc on lower body days.  The important thing is just to lose the fat that is hanging there :).  Now, by "what weights" do you mean the brand of adjustable weights I used or the poundage?  Best advice I can give is to read the book Body for Life cover to cover and follow the program exactly as it is written.  Don't try to tweak it because everything in there is there for a reason (even when that reason isn't explained).  He keeps things simple but if you want to know more of the in depth stuff go to hussmanfitness.org and read through all that info.  That website really helped me understand a lot of things about nutrition and exercise that I never knew before.  Good Luck!

HighPoint

• Beautiful job well done HighPoint. Congratulations!!

• Way to go!  Great results!!!  

• You look great!!  I hope I am able to acheive the results that you have in the past 12 weeks!!  Congrats!!

• Incredible!  So impressed that you did all that with 3 young kids!  I am a mom to 5, so I know how challenging that can be!  Proud of you!

Laurie

• Congratulations!!!! You look AMAZING!  You must be soo proud of yourself.  My starting measurements are very similar to what yours were.  I started my 1st challenge on Oct. 4th so looking at your results is very inspiring.  How tall are you by the way?

QUESTION:  I'm also working out at home using adjustable weights. I'm just curious, what the maximum weight your adjustables go to, because mine go to 25lbs and I'm wondering if that will take me through the entire 12 weeks or if you would suggest buying heavier weights for the lower body.  

• Thanks, designgrlNYC!  I am 5'8".  My weights go from 3 pounds up to 24 pounds in 3 pound intervals.  I think they were fine although towards the end I did kind of feel like I could have gone a little heavier for squats.  If I were you I'd just use what you have and then if you feel like you need something heavier, buy it at that time.  Good luck to you!  You can do it if you just persevere!

HighPoint

• Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.  I'm going to follow your advice.  I can't believe it's already day 12!!!  Anyway, continued luck with your SECOND challenge - you're going to look even MORE awesome on Dec. 26th!!! :)

• Excellent.....great job. Your midsection has really tightened up. You should be proud of yourself. Keep it up!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"