4 Weeks Down....8 To Go!

• Hello everyone!  This is my first post on the forum.  I placed some pictures of my 4 week progress in my profile.  Comments welcome!  So far I have lost 9lbs and a little better than one notch on the old belt!  I am feeling great, and I am excited about what the next 8 weeks will produce!

I have done BFL before about 8yrs ago, and like so many others slipped away from the lifestyle.  So far I have really been able to hone in on my eating very well I think.  I have some experience/knowledge with this from the past, and I just about have the cob webs knocked off - LOL.  A couple of kids and an awesome wife has got me in the mindset of doing this for me as well as them.

I will say one of my biggest struggles right now is watching the scale...instead of trusting myself and the work I am doing.  My goal for this week is not to weigh until at least next week.

I put my pics in the profile as some motivation.  I have a good friend who is doing this with me right now...he has been a great motivator so far.  I guess I will use the whole community for a little bit of push now too!

• Congrats on the first month down!

Easier said than done, but don't fret the scale. It is one of the worst indicators of how we are progressing.  Try and shoot for 1 weigh in a week. That way you get to surprise yourself! I weigh in the morning of free day and look forward to that as much as the actual free day.

Keep up the good work!

• parsonbrown,

great job so far!  I thought the 1st 4 weeks was more of the mental preporation (learning the program and understanding how I felt about it)  now I am starting to see more of the physical changes starting to happen.  I too posted my 4 week pics and am in week 6 right now.  I posted them more for my own motivation and to hold myself accountable to myself.  I am doing my 1st challenge ever and I can honestly say I feel better now than I have in the past 10 years.  I still have a ways to go but this program does work if followed correctly.

I can tell you I stopped using the scale after week 1 and I have made a promise to myself to not step on it til my 12 weeks are complete.  It took me a week to get the scale out of my mind but I am finding that by using my clothes as  the benchmark for my progress is a true indicator that this program is working.  I am wearing clothes I haven't fit into for years and I am able to now tuck all my work shirts in and they are actually lose around my gut for the 1st time in as long as I can remember.  

Keep up the good work!

Philly

• Parson, Glad to see you finally post. The pics show some great improvements. I will try to post mine tonight before my trip out of town. We should have some momentum now to carry us into the coming weeks. Good luck to everyone.