Today is my last day of the challenge!!!

• I made it woohoo! With the wedding coming up I wasn’t able to log into the BFL website as much as I wanted to but I did want to let you all know we (My fiancé and I) both made it. I was sad to do my last weight lifting yesterday, but the changes I have made and seen in myself have really motivated me to make this a lifestyle change and not just a one time diet.

Also to all you newbie’s - Stick with it!! - I feel so good right now - and I mean everything! Energy, confidence, my mood is elevated, my skin looks great, my attitude has improved and I am setting a great example for my daughter.

Thanks for all the support - you know who you are!

FYI - I lost 25 scale LBS and reduced my pant size from a 16 to a 10. My Fiance lost 39 scale LBS not sure on his pants size but his cloths look so baggy they look silly! We both put on lots of muscle.

As a reward in the past, I would have gone out for drinks or CHOCOLATE!!! Today I am treating myself to a new pair of heels to show off my sexy new calves and a workout outfit for the honeymoon - Because I am not stoppin now!

• Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your shoe shopping you deserve it!!

Orrin

• Congrats on the accomplishment!  I just started 2 weeks ago - your post is very motivating and reinforcing.  I lost 2.5 the first week and only .75 this week.  Did you find or see fluctuations in the beginning.  Any info you could offer and what to expect would be greatly appreciated!  Congrats again!

Doreen

• Congratulations!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Congrats Can't wait til it's my turn!!!!!!

If you want it bad enough your willing to bleed to get it. I have. I will Continue to do so. Until I have what it is I desire.
  • Doreen - My weight loss was pretty steady the whole challenge but it does vary from week to week a little. There was no 8 week miracle for me - I did plateau around week 8 but I adjusted my eating, I was eating to many carbs - and I was up and running again.

Don’t rely on the scale too much - use it as ONE of the tools to track your progress, I am sure you have heard others say muscle weighs more than fat and muscle eats fat, so if you are building muscle your weight loss will SEEM to slow down - work on building muscle and don’t worry if your weight goes up a little because more than likely it will help you become smaller in size (which was one of my goals).

It gets hard the last few weeks, but it is when I started to visually see the most results and I started getting complements. When I felt weak I told myself a few times "I can do this, I am stronger than my cravings" or whatever you are having problems with - I read somewhere one lady actually shouts out NO when she has a craving she feels she cant resist and she swears this works. Also if you are hungry or fighting a craving slam a big glass of water – It does help.

I have a BFL notebook I keep with all my workouts and a journal (this I think helps a lot) it can help you track your progress and figure out where you are going wrong if you plateau like I did - I also put my before picture and a picture of my daughter on the inside cover for motivation. I think it helped.

I hope this helps you! Good luck

• Congratulations!! Enjoy your new fit body. Be proud of it. You are and will be an inspiration to many.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Wow!  Congrats on the whole transformation!

runninggrl :)

• Congratulations on a job well done (and on your wedding)!  Have fun shopping for shoes...you deserve it!

Heather :)

• Great job!  

No need to be sad your challege ended.  The journey is the journey - it's never ending.  

Enjoy your shoes!

• Congratulations!

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Thanks for posting.  Great job.  Your are inspirational expecially to newbies like me.

LaurieLou

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always have

• Hi

Nice goin!!

Will you be posting pics'?

• Congrats!!!

• Congratulations.  I am right behind you...finsishing on Sept. 11...can't wait to share my story too!  Have a great wedding- you both have a HEALTHY life ahead of you.  What an amazing wedding gift to give yourselves.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten!

My FOURTH Challenge: May 23-Aug. 14, 2011.  Began First BFL Challenge on June 21, 2010