Lost the faith for BFL..Hit the plateu from C1W8 untill C2W4...

• Hi BFlers.. I'm a mom of 10-month-old, have been on BFL since May2010. I've lost 16lbs on C1, but my goal was 24. That 16lbs-lost was happened on week 8. and while everyone's talking about miracle week8, I didn't have any weight lost from week8 to 12, nor the measurement. After that, I spent 2 weeks without exercise, and ate everything i want, so i gained 4 lbs. So freaked out, and move to C2. And now I'm on W4C2, and feel I hit another plateu, just like the last 4 weeks of my C1. I feel I just back to the end of C1 again, havent weight myself yet, but the measurement stays the same.

I'm so..so exhausted..Maybe I've put too much hope on this programme, or maybe I did something wrong? I feel like I follow the meals and exercise by the book, but maybe there's something I've done wrong for my last 4 week of C1 and first4week of C2. 

For my meals, it always be the same since the last 4 week of C1 and this first 4week of C2. Here it is:

8.00: whey milk+oatmeal. 10.00: whey milk+apple. 12.00: potatoe+roast-chicken / brown rice+roast-tenderloinbeef (+veggies). 15.00:whey  milk+potatoe. 18.00: brown rice+4white eggs+1whole eggs + veggies. 21.00: cottage cheese+yogurt

And for my exercise, I always do the treadmil, not anything else, but make sure I hit the 10s.. For weight-training, I just can lift until 15lbs, it's my maximum weight, cannot lift  heavier-weight since C1W8. and I do the same exercise without trying another move since that W8, cause I already feel comfortable with the exercise. is that the problem?

Please helllllppp... I'm about to give up and loosing the faith of this BFL....!! 

• Gracia,

I did BFL in 06 and lost 20 pounds in the first challenge. I do feel you need to change it up often. Your body gets into grove about every 3 weeks, so to keep seeing progress I would change the workouts around that time. If I had liked a certain chest exercise like chest press and flyes, then I would do flyes then chest press. Or Incline chest press instead of regular chest press. If you feel comfortable then I would say change it up. Another example is if your doing a shoulder press, switch it with the Arnold press. I applied the workout principles to other exercises that I found to keep it interesting.  My last suggestion would be to try a different piece of cardio equiptment.

Please don't lose faith we are here to help! I do hope this helps!

• Maybe you just need to keep at it. The same exact thing happened to me and I gave up after 5 weeks of C2. Do not make the mistake I did. Keep going. If health and strength are your goal then you will succeed. Weight loss and slimmer measurement should be a side effect not a goal.

You should change your weights routine every 4 weeks of 6 workouts.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Bryan

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• You should try a couple of things before giving up.

1) Have you written down specific goals, not just "I want to lose weight".?

2) Try eating real whole foods for all six meals, you're no doubt bored with what you are eating and something you are eating may not agree with YOUR body.

3) If you are comfortable with the exercises you are doing then it's past time to make a change, you don't want to be repititious with the same exercises for weeks on end because they body will adapt and stop progressing, nor with the same foods for weeks on end.  Use this time to try veggies that you don't normally eat.

4) There is no miracle cure for weight loss, you must commit to pushing yourself harder than you ever dreamed you could go.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Change your exercises and the food you're eating, don't eat the same things all the time, your body gets used to it and I think that's got a lot to do with you being at a plateau, change everything up.

Really hit those 10's, don't give up, change things up and carry on with your life, I know when I hit a plateau I was very upset but changed everything and it made a huge difference, if you've been doing say squats try the walking lunges, it's a killer! good luck and keep with it.:)

• Read the ebook Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. It provides multiple ways to adjust your diet and your exercise routines to overcome plateaus.

• Like a few people said above you need to change your exercise routine every 3-4 weeks.  I am splitting my exercise workouts into 4 3-week cycles.  The same goes for cardio.  Your body gets into a groove if you keep doing the same cardio workout.  Switch to the elliptical or a bike.