How much of Body for Life is Mental versus purely Physical?

•  Arnold Schwarzenegger, whether you love him or not, has lived an amazing life. He has risen to a level of success in three distinct areas that most people will never see in one (Bodybuilding, Hollywood, and no as governor of California)

Here are a few quotes that might reveal what Arnold thinks about the question of mind over muscle:

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent. By Arnold Schwarzenegger

Self-confidence is something caught and not taught. And, risk-running and chance-taking are the only ways to catch it. By Arnold Schwarzenegger

"My involvement had a lot to do with the discipline, the individualism, and the utter integrity of bodybuilding. In two or three years I had changed my body entirely. That told me something. If I had been able to change my body that much. I could also, through the same discipline and determination, change anything else I wanted, I could change my whole outlook on life." By Arnold Schwarzenegger

The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. By Arnold Schwarzenegger

I've found that personally, dwelling on my training when I am away from training keeps me going strong. Its when I am distracted and not thinking training that it becomes hard work getting motivated to train when the time comes.

So now I reserve some bandwidth throughout the day to “dwell upon” eating right and my training for the day.

But what do you all think?...”How much of Body for Life is Mental versus purely Physical?”

• All of it. The physical comes from the mental. Without the mental there would be nothing.

Great post! So true!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Thank you Thomm for posting this. It is all very inspiring and so very true! Any of the 4 quotes are great quotes full of wisdom. I like them very much and will stick N 2 on my place for quotes.

• Love those Arnold quotes. I agree with Renee - invision, stay focused and the body just follows. Thanks for sharing that Thomm!

• It's sort of like anything else, if your mind is not in the game, you can't find your full potential.  If you can't find your full potential you most likely can't do much with a physical transformation.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Yes there is a lot of discipline involved in BFL and the strength to enforce that discipline comes from our minds.  Our minds/brains are powerful tools.  We just have to learn to use them at their peak effectiveness,

• I read this today:

Once you have an image in your mind of something you want to do or become, nothing can stop that image from coming to pass. Whatever you meditate on will become the blueprint for your reality. ~ Creflo Dollar

Consider the quality and content of what you’re feeding your mind, and commit to upgrading your mental diet ~ Jim Stovall

So.. and I'm preaching to myself here, when negative thoughts and emotions begin to bubble up, just "squash" them and choose to think on good things :-)  I can start and finish this challenge!  I will not fail!!  

~Let every opposition strengthen you, not stop you~