Day 28

• Enjoyed  my free day yesterday. Today I had a great UB wokout and and am eating on schedule. For breakfast I had protein pancakes and for meal 2 I had a chicken *** with whole wheat pasta and meal 3 after my workout was a  protein  shake. Hope you all have a great day and keep pressin' on!!

fit4life

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Hey fit4life ~

did you add a carb to that 3rd meal?

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• i'd like a recipe for protein pancakes!  :)

• Protein pancakes in a rush. Sorry about the html codes. You're gonna have to read between the lines.

<p><p><b><big>PROTEIN PANCAKES, DIFFERENT TYPES:</b></big><p><p><b>Banana:</b>Serv 4.  - 12 egg whites, 1.5c dry oats, 2c cottage cheese, 1/2c mashed nana (about 1 lg. nana), 1 tsp. baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla & splenda<p><b>Pumpkin:</b>Serv 1. -  4 egg whites, 1/4c dry oats, 1/2c cottage cheese, 4tbs pumpkin puree (1/4c), 1/4tsp baking powder, pumpkin pie spice (or all spice), splenda to taste.<p><b>Blueberry:</b>Serv 1. -  3 egg whites, 1/4c dry oats, 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/4c blueberries (fresh only), 1/4ysp baking powder, splenda<p><b>Strawberry:</b>Serv 2. - 6 egg whites, 3/4c dry oats, 1c strawberries (fresh only), 1/2tsp baking powder, splenda & vanilla.<p><b>Apple or Pear Cinnamon:</b>Serv 4. -  16 egg whites, 1.5c dry oats, 2c cottage cheese, 1.5c chopped apple (about 1 lg), 1tsp baking powder, splenda, cinnamon.<p><b>Peach Pie:</b>Serv 2. -  6 egg whites, 3/4c dry oats, 1c cottage cheese, 1 sm. peach - about 3/4c), 1/2tsp baking powder, dash of nutmeg, vanilla & splenda.<p><b>Lemon Poppyseed:</b>1/2c Cottage Cheese, 1/2c dry oats, 4 egg whites, 1/4c splenda, 1tbs poppy seeds, 1/4tsp lemon oil (not extract nor juice - must be oil), 1/4tsp baking powder.<p><b>Raspberry Almond:</b>Serv 1. -  1/2c Cottage cheese, 1/3c dry oats, 3 egg whites, 1/4c splenda, 1/2c raspberries, 1/4tsp almond extract, 1/4tsp baking powder.<p><b>Chocolate:</b>Serv 1. -  1/3c dry oats, 2-3tbs cocoa, 4 egg whites, 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/3c splenda, 1/4tsp baking powder, a splash of vanilla. **Blend the oats into a powder. Add cocoa, then add everything else on top (otherwise the cocoa will go everywhere). Blend and cook like the rest. You may need to add a bit of water if it gets too thick.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Thanks for the info on these.. I was wondering about Protien PanCakes :) Looks like it will be a meal for the weekends or when I work from home. :)

Chip

• The protein shakes I drink are skim milk, egg whites (from a carton) and protein powder so I count the skim milk as my carb.

• By far the best and easiest recipe for protein pancakes is as follows: 1 cup egg whites, 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup oatmeal. Blend this entire mixture together (I use a Magic Bullet). This is your batter. On a medium heat frying pan with a bit of olive oil this mixture will make 2 large pancakes. One pancake is one meal. (approx. 35 grams of protein and 35 grams of carbs). When I make pancakes I always make a whole bunch....at least a dozen then I cut them and freeze them in ziploc baggies. They are a perfect BFL meal and easy to take to work. I use a "no sugar added" syrup from E.D. Smith or natural jam on them.  For added flavour you can add some blueberries or other fruit to the mixture....whatever  you like. Hope this helps.